23 Apr 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with very good news, finally Mr. G was ready to be transferreed to the rehabilitation clinic on Thursday ! I was really relieved that he could go a step further. I checked all clothes for warm and cold weather because we have the coldest April since 30 years !

 

 Clinique Bois de la Pierre

Our shrinked Scrabble club (now we are three), played at Myriam's and could even sit outside on her terrace because the sun was shining and it was warm. This time we scrabbled but babbled too and it was for us all a very nice afternoon. 

I got the last instructions for Mr. G's transfer and went (hopefully) for the last time to bring him his travel bag with all the clothes. As it was quite heavy I took the IKEA carrier put the bag on it and pulled the thing to the reception where they put a label on it and will bring it in his ward.


 

When I came home I had TV life on my balcony ! My new neighbor got her furniture ! It was quickly done they had a very modern equipment, not like our move where they used an equipment  from 14/18 ! I have not seen her that day, but she is a nice lady and I am glad that we have her as neighbor. 

Poor Mr. G was so excited that he would be moved that he called me 9 times to ask all kind of things he had already asked me before, but as I had learned to never discuss and agree to everything I let him speak. I am always very worried after these conversations because I wonder how will they get him back to normal ? He has always been like a volcano, exploses with a lot of noise but then is friendly like a lam ! Of course people are not used to the Italian temper but get it quickly and after a while he becomes the darling of everybody. He had alwas been like that in a hospital and I am used to calm down the nurses and explain with humor referring to the famous American actors of Italian origin, that he will change completely once he is settled down.

And as I had foreseen I got a call from the coordinator informing me that Mr. G is very agitated and unable to give the informtion which they needed. I managed to establish a very nice contact and we talked a bit together about his work and other things.

In the evening Mr. G seemed to be quite happy and had even noticed that the nurse had put nicely his clothes in the wardrobe and that his room was very nice. He had already met other patients and told me that he has a whole program to follow from the next day on.

I had the impression that huge elephant who was sitting on my chest, finally got up and went to another person ! If all goes well there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

My happiness would be complete if with the next shuttle they would send all variations of the Coronavirus to Mars, instead of sending humans, at least that would be more useful !  

Rosie is bird and squirrel watching before she starts her lockdown sleep of 23 hours !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

11 comments:

  1. It is interesting about the Italian temperament and how Mr G adjusts to care. I suppose you tell staff to take no notice of him when he upset and agitated as he will settle down in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank the Lord your husband is now in rehab!! that is a TRUE blessing and a relief for you I am sure!! if looks like a very pretty place!! is it close by your home!

    How exciting to meet a new neighbor!

    Your cat looks cute sitting there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad the transfer went ahead. I hope it makes a big difference to Mr G. It must be such a relief for you. Don't you sometimes wish your were a cat lol. We have had lovely sunshine this week but very cold nights. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be a long process for him.

    Rosie knows the value of a long sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic news about Mr G. His character is like my dad's. He is also like a volcano. And me too, I have to admit. I agree they should send the Cornea to Mars and leave it there forever. We all want our life back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleased to hear Mr G is making enough progress to be moved to rehabilitation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Mr G is on the mend. I don't know when things will get back but I hope we as people become kinder.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news that Mr. G was able to go to the rehab facility. I am sure that is a great relief to you. Praying he does real well there. Well now, sounds like you have a wonderful solution to Corona. Now to figure out how to make that work. I am so ready to get past this lockdown and restriction stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news that Mr. G is moving to rehab! It's also good that you know how to navigate the system and help him.
    Wow, what a way to deliver furniture!
    Rosie looks very intent on those squirrels and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Mr G is settling in well. Hopefully the treatment works well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Mr. G. is transferred to rehab! A step in the right direction. It's good the new neighbor is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !