25 Sept 2010
With Gattina & Shakira.
Just do a funny post, something which makes us laugh that's the most important.
And of course there also is
here at Me & My Memes
About your children
- Insanity is hereditary: You can get it from your children.
- Children really brighten up a household. They never turn the lights off."
- There are few things more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own.
- The trouble with children is that they're not returnable.
- Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.
- Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.
- While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
- Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners
- Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.
24 Sept 2010
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Since autumn has begun officially, we have warm sunny weather with 24° (75 F). Global warming came back. Nevertheless I checked all windows if they were properly isolated for the winter.
2. Two girlfriends came over for a cup of tea and cake of course and we could sit outside in the warm sun and discuss how we could change the world, but after a while we gave up and chatted over people. Mr. G hid in his office.
Probably for the last time this year I could take a sun bath and read a book, with cat Arthur under and Rosie besides my deckchair not behind grids in a jail but behind the laundry drier.
4. After they had announced rain I quickly put salt and chlorid dissolved in water on the gravel in front of our house, because it's a cheap remedy against weeds and is also not dangerous for animals.
For the moment it doesn't look very nice
And the rain arrived the day I had my painting class and I finally finished the painting I had started before the summer holidays.
It hasn't been a very exciting week !
23 Sept 2010
more participants here
13 Daily moments of Zen
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6.. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
7. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.
8. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
9. If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.
10. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes of bad judgment.
11. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
12. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
13. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works. (whose fault ?)
22 Sept 2010
21 Sept 2010
more participants here
On Saturday my friends and I went to the Gospel Festival in Tubize a little town near Waterloo.
We arrived quiet early and there were not yet many people, but a little later more and more arrived.
Women from the Congo had prepared delicious typical Congo plates and also sold fabrics and jewelery. Besides was an Oxfam stand, where I bought a little keyring.
The place filled up with young and old
and the police was also there to listen and chat with the others
The first one we listened to was a Rap singer, I am not that much a friend of Rap, but the text of the song was real good. He sang in French.
This girl had a wonderful voice, in fact she didn't even need a microphone !
and then came the best ! This group sang several songs and had a lot of success.
I recorded one minute of a song, just to show you how it was, although the sound is not very good.
We had a real nice afternoon and met quiet a few Americans who had come here to listen to the songs.
20 Sept 2010
Helps you to remember what you have done on the weekend of September 18, 2010. You never know if you need an alibi ! If you participate please put the little logo on the top of your post and leave your link.
On Saturday I went with Ilona to a Gospel Festival not far from Waterloo in another little town called Tubize.
Although it was quiet cool only 15°C it was sunny and we could listen to the Gospels without being disturbed by the rain. It was just beautiful. The Gospel singer group was the best in our opinion although the other singers were very good too. There were lots of things to eat, specialities from the Congo, but also the traditional pancakes (crepes) and wafels.
me, Ilona, Chantal
We met Chantal who was there too with her two sons and between the songs we had a lot
to chat ! As you can see, the summer clothes are gone !
On Sunday was the yearly "Sunday without cars" in Brussels. No cars or trucks were allowed except taxis, Buses and people with a special permission like doctors.
For once the train was packed on a Sunday, when I took it to go to the Midi market, you could even rent a bike in Waterloo, which was loaded on the train so that you could take it out in Brussels. It was so nice to be able to walk in the middle of a usually very crowded Boulevard ! The City was full of bikes which you could rent everywhere.
It was grey, cold and very windy so I just walked around, found a table cloth and a scarf and then went back home. Of course I missed the train and had one hour to wait, I took the opportunity to eat a hot wafel with a coffee, which was very good !
I hope this time it works ! If not let me know !
19 Sept 2010
more participants here at Robin's Around the Island
Although officially it's still summer, there is no doubt that the summer has left us until next year when hopefully we will have a little more than only three weeks of real summer temperatures in Belgium !
Meanwhile we had to put the heating on and in the mornings it's unusually cold 5°C (41 F) and in the evenings it's not a lot better. During the day it reaches max 15°C (59) this combined with rain makes a wonderful summer end and the weatherman probably got a nervous breakdown because he gets so many complaints.
So next week we will prepare our garden for the winter. The bushes and the hedge has to be cut, and I will call our gardener a very friendly young Morrocan. We can not do it ourselves, it's too hard work.
The only thing which still grows with pleasure is the grass ! I wonder why it doesn't stop with the cold ? Our lawnmower is not yet laid off !
So the only summer activity I did this week, was dreaming of my holidays to come and laying on the beach at the Red Sea in Egypt. Still 29 days to wait !