1. The week started a day later because of Easter Monday and we arrived around 5 pm from Amsterdam to Waterloo. It took us a little more than 2 h which wasn't bad. I thought there would have been much more traffic because people went home from a long weekend but apparently not in our direction.
2. When I opened the shutters the next morning it snowed ! I immediately wanted to return into my bed and close shutters and eyes !
Even cat Arthur could hardly believe what he saw ! Instead I decided to put on my fleece jogging and be in a bad mood the whole day. I thought this dammit winter was over and now it starts again with temperatures below 0°C !
3. Fortunately School holidays were over so at least I could go to aqua gym. This time we had a young girl who did the exercises with us and I found her much better than our regular one, because she let us make the exercises on the rhythm of music. Our usual teacher also puts on music, but I don't know what it is it sounds as if the notes are played backwards, and somebody makes primate cries or you think somebody gets strangled. Sometimes there are a phrase which is impossible to understand. At least I understood "I have money, I have money etc etc always the same scream. We decided to ask him to do the same as the girl when he comes back.
4. For the first time I went to the Bois de Hal, to see the blue flower carpet, although this happens each year, I didn't know !! I had been to this wood before but never to see the bluebells.
The Bois de Hal is also named ‘The Blue Forest’ – thanks to the beautiful purple carpet of bluebells, which usually bloom around mid-April, but this year they were blooming already beginning April and these were the last days. There are also giant Sequoia trees and even without the blue carpet it is a beautiful wood surrounding Brussels.
It looks stunning when you walk through the wood !
5. Painting class has started again too, but we were all not very motivated. For chatting of course, because we hadn't seen each other for 3 weeks !There were lots of things which had happened.
Nicole had discovered a new Restaurant called Soho,I really don't know why.It was supposed to have a huge buffet with all kind of international food. There was Chinese and French, because when I wanted to take a few shrimps, there were frog legs laying just besides. Except the frog legs I tried a little bit from everything, the salmon was delicious and probably everybody would find something to eat. What I didn't like was the inside of this huge restaurant which looked like a canteen of a company. It wasn't cozy at all I would rather call it functional.
At least I tried it, and now I know that I certainly won't go back if I am not obliged too !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
linking to Willy Nilly Friday five