Since Global Warming had been invented the winters suddently became very cold with a lot of snow or rain. After a few years, people started to doubt about the "Global Warming" which should better be named "Global Cooling". Even the politicians began to believe that there must be something wrong when they met in Copenhagen. What did they do ? They changed "Global Warming" into "Climate Change", which sounds far better and excuses everything. If it is unusually cold somewhere or too hot, or too much rain, inondations, earthquakes etc the explanations now sounds much better ... the clima changes !
Clima changes or not, yesterday was an awful day in Brussels, where cats and dogs dropped from heaven and I was afraid that they could fall on my head. So I decided to stay home the whole day, I also feared that my feet would change into flippers. Humans too have to adapt themselves to the clima too. That's why in Africa people are black because of the strong sun and in Scandinavia blond and white maybe not because of the snow, but less sun. So why in Belgium we shouldn't have flippers instead of feet which would be far more practical in all this water.
After my blogging hours, I looked into a French magazine online, because they always have interesting things to show. This time I found pictures and they made me laugh !
Here they are !
Entrance of a Post Office in Prague
Choir in Bretagne (Brittany)
for snails only
toilet in Bosnia
26 Feb 2010
More participants here
Since I came back from my 2 weeks sunshine vacation in Egypt end November, the weather had been awful here. Just a weather to hang yourself. Rain, cold, colder, coldest snow, glaze etc, and it is still not finished which makes now 4 months ! The days where it was nice and the sun was shining I can probably count on my fingers. To keep me in a good mood and avoid to look outside I created a little "happiness corner" which when I look at it makes me feel good, creative and happy for the day.
and here it is.
Cats, a laughing Buddha with happy kids climbing over him who is very kitsch but makes me laugh, fake sunflowers, a yellow cat candle, a little fountain which is supposed to be "Feng Shui "(whatever that is, but very in fashion nowadays) and a special lamp which is made for light therapy. It was created in the Scandinavian countries where daylight in winter lasts sometimes only two or three hours and makes people depressive.
Here are the little things in detail. I had to switch off the pump of the fountain, because the noise got on my nerves. Now it sits there without running water.
besides the dresser which contains linen and jewlery is a posh cat hanging at the lamp.
very posh !
the lamp has several colors which you can set following your needs or mood. From night club red light to sunny spring days, the lamp does everything !
I don't remember what I wanted here.
This way I made it through winter and am looking forward to spring now. It's nice to be retired and a little crazy, but only a little. Now it is allowed, for years I had to be serious !
25 Feb 2010
more participants here
13 Quotes about spring
1. In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
2. In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours
3. Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush
4. Spring has come when you can put your foot on three daisies
5. Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"”
6. An optimist is the human personification of spring.
7. People ask me what I do in winte. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
8. Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself
9. He who neglects to drink of the spring of experience is likely to die of thirst in the desert of ignorance.
10. The flowers anew, returning seasons bring; But beauty faded has no second spring.
11. The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
12. It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
13. Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.
24 Feb 2010
22 Feb 2010
This week Little Mouse wants to know at least one RAK : Tell us anything you want, what you did, why you did it, if it was done in secret, how it made you feel, or anything else.
I find this question rather difficult. First of all I didn't know what a RAK is and thought maybe there is a writing error and it should be RAG. But this wasn't possible either because the definitions of "rag" in my dictionary didn't fit at all the question. Finally I got the explanation that I should talk or describe an act of kindness I did !
I really don't know. What is an act of kindness ? Saying "good morning" to my postman, neibours or any person I meet in the morning ? Or letting a person with only two articles passing first at the cashier ? Stopping to let people crossing the street ? To me this is not kind but only polite.
My friend (and neighbour) was sick the whole week, so I did her shopping and looked after her. Is that kind ? I think it is rather normal, because she would do the same for me.
Conclusion I am not a kind but a normal person and even that would be contested by Mr. G.
21 Feb 2010
More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners
This time it was quiet difficult to find some weekly winners as I had the choice between a grey world outside or my five cats inside. I doubt that Mr. G. wanted to be a weekly winner.
I remembered the beautiful Indian shop I had discovered in Waterloo and decided to go back
Even the sun found it a good idea and came out. Here is the insignificant entrance. But then I discovered quiet a lot of beauty from another world.
I don't know the name of this god but found the statue amazing
the same with this one all in alabaster and gold painting
the beautiful painted elephant
a Rickshaw to be carried around
and these holy cows.
This very big shop with two floors was crowded on this saturday morning. I bought an adorable little goose for our bathroom.