A lot of you are talking about New Year's resolution. Before I started blogging I had never heard of it and lived 65 years without making New Year's resolutions and I am still here. How is that possible ?
Before starting, I wanted to know the exact meaning of "resolution" and looked in my dictionary. I found following resolutions (please don't fall asleep)
13 definitions of "resolution"
1. resolving of something: the process of resolving something
the resolution of a difficulty. Ok I'll try to find something
2. joint formal expression of opinion, arrived at after discussion and usually as the result of a vote. I don't vote and have my own opinions
3. decision: a firm decision to do something OK that's what I always do it only depends what !
4. determination: firmness of mind or purpose. I think I can be very determinated especially when I want something !
5. electronic engineering reproduction of detail in an image: the level of reproduction of detail offered by a TV or computer screen or a film image ??? I only watch the movie
6. solution: an answer to a problem . OK, I try to find a problem, I promise
7. physics chemistry separation into constituent parts: the process or act of separating something such as a chemical compound or a source of light into its constituent parts ??????
I slept during these lessons at school
8. medicine subsiding: the disappearance or coming to an end of symptom or condition such as fever or inflammation. I got it ! I take some medication.
9. music satisfactory conclusion of a harmonic pattern: the movement from a dissonant to a consonant chord or note. Oh no, I am not musical at all !
10. music final note in a harmonic progression: the note or chord to which the harmony moves when progressing from dissonance to consonance. It becomes complicated !
11. theater part of a story when conflict is resolved: the point in a dramatic work when the conflict is resolved. That's something for me, I love theatre and according to Mr. Gattino I always make some too
12. physics See resolving power. OK I see
13. poetry syllable replacement: the substitution of a long syllable for two short ones in the rhythm of a line of poetry. I don't need this either, I don't do poetry
Now I can say that I have done my first and last New Year's resolutions !
I just heard that Alice Audrey put up a list with people who want to continue. Go to her blog.