9 Jan 2009

SHOW & TELL - Changing color lamp

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
More participants are here at Kelly's

As you probably know I am always complaining about the grey and rainy weather here in Belgium. This week when I went to a decoration shop, just to look a little around whithout intention to buy something I discovered this lamp !







It is in plastic and you can drop it or play football (soccer) with it if you want. It's easy to place wherever you wish and it works with 3 small batteries. I tried to take a picture of all lights but missed the yellow. It changes slowly, slowly and is so pleasant to look at because the colors are like a rainbow and not as strong as in the pictures.

Apparently it's good for your mood looking at changing pastel lights instead out of the window in a grey sky. Even Mr. Gattino liked it. But he wasn't happy with my little lamps he needed a big one which works with electricity and is a real lamp with the same effects.



Now it stands on the TV set and while watching TV the lamp changes colors.



I put a small one on the little table in my room



and one on the shelf over my bed.

With this equipment I should be always in a very good mood !

16 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

I've seen those, they're lovely. You should be right know, no need to look at the grey weather.

Mar said...

A bit of light therapy always helps!! cute little lamp.

EastCoastLife said...

Those lamps are cool! I'll have to see if they are sold in Singapore.

I used to have disco lights flashing in my bedroom. That was more than a decade ago. haha....

Jientje said...

But you ARE always in a good mood already!

Melli said...

LOL! You are such a "child of the 60's"... I'm not sure over the tv iss the place though... doesn't the light (and color) from the tv distract from the 'feeling' of the lamp? I would like them off to themselves - like in your room!

Jane said...

Never heard of them. I'll keep my eye out for them. Thanks for sharing.

Belinda said...

I haven't seen these before...but you are so right about light affecting mood. This look like a fun little lamp, perfect for helping with the winter doldrums!

Carla said...

No excuse now to have the winter blues-huh? Cool lamps:) I could see those being very entertaining!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I've never seen anything like that but I know my kids would love that. With all those happy colors it'd be hard to let a gray day bring you down.

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

That's so neat! I'm sure it helps your mood!

playsdolls said...

Never saw one before but it is cool.

DianeCA said...

Cool concept, and it reminds me a bit of a crystal ball, maybe you can tell my future as well:-)

BECKY said...

Hi Gattina! I have never seen those! That's neat that it helps make a bleak day brighter! Hop on over to my blog and scroll down a couple of posts and I'll take you on a sunny trip to Daytona Beach, FL Maybe a trip to the beach will help, too!
Blessings,
Becky

Melissa Wertz said...

That is a pretty cool lamp! Makes beautiful colors.

Linda C said...

A great idea! Let us know if it helps.

We are getting very little sunshine here in Wisconsin this winter...lots of clouds and snow:)

Linda C

Auction Girl Vintage said...

I love the changing colors, they really perk up a dull day. Have a great weekend!

Victoria :o)