1. Each week I try to find something special for the meme "Our World" which was named "My World" before. When I travel it's not difficult, but when I stay home it's hard to find something I haven't talked about. Suddenly I had an idea, to write about the new shopping mall (post below) under construction. For that I had to go on the roof of a huge household and computer appliance store where I had a good view from the parking there. I took my pictures, and as I was already in this shop I bought a little hand vacuum cleaner for cat hairs and crumbs.
2. It was the day where Belgium's football (soccer) team "The red devils" should play the very important game against France to win the world cup.The whole city was in excitement, Belgian flags where hanging everywhere, to my surprise because on National Day there are far less.
The place in the park with the huge screen had been enlarged to receive 5000 fans ! The game should start at 8 pm, but when I crossed the city at 6.30 pm, people of all ages were already arriving, direction park.
I pitied them because it rained and they got all wet, on the way and then in the park, the flags were hanging down, the hats too but the mood was in full swing and I heard them singing and shouting that Belgium would win. I wished it too when I saw them so full of hope. Two and a half hours later a deadly silence lay over the city, Belgium had lost.at least place N° 1. maybe they will be second or third, I don't know the rules.
3. I hadn't seen Nicole's new "baby" since 2 days and of course I wanted to see her and also hear how she gets used to her new home ! After having changed her name 3 times, now little cat is called Isis.
The name she had got in the shelter was a bit stupid it was "Girly" ! Isis suits her much better. In this short time she has taken over the whole huge apartment, disposes over 3 personal rooms and has educated Nicole ! She is allowed on the terrace, sits on the wall and looks down. No intention to jump and commit suicide. She even has conquered Nicole's bed !
It's so cute to see them both together ! That was really love at first sight. Little Isis has huge cross eyed eyes and when she looks at you you don't know in which eye you have to look, so funny !
4. We had the doubtful honor to receive Mr. Trump and Mrs Trump (??) ! The streets were full of people who protested against his arrival. 2500 policemen and also soldiers had been mobilized to protect this "precious" man ! He landed on July 10 evening to attend the NATO summit. But, World Cup requires, no special treatment for Donald Trump ! Neither the King nor the Prime minister came to welcome the head of the state, who was simply received on the tarmac by the Belgian US ambassador. Probably they still had enough from his visit last year.
On top of that it seems according to the press, that the real first Lady wasn't there but her double and a real bad one (even I thought without knowing it) that her face was larger and not the same as usual when she stepped out of the plane together with Trump. The journalists were also very upset because only a few pictures were allowed and from very far (security). Whole Brussels was congested, people were furious, they stayed up to 2 h or more on the streets and missed airplanes, trains etc. In short it was a mess and all this because of this lunatic guy, who made America not great but rather ridiculous in most of the people's opinion.
5. Instead of playing scrabble we had decided to paint together in one of our scrabble girl's yard. But as the weather was not so stable we gave up and scrabbled as usual.
It was a very pleasant afternoon in Helene's garden. After our scrabble game where I as usual lost and Mireille (above right) who is half blind as usual won. The strawberry cake we had afterwards was delicious !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.