1. Maybe because of my eye surgery Arthur went into energy saving mode but still did the survey over our scrabble game. I had no luck I lost ! This time Ilona won, the very first time we play, she was lucky she had a scrabble right in the beginning.
2. Nicole had an important medical examination with the posh name "scintigraphy" and as it lasted so long I kept her company because she was a bit worried. After the hospital we went to "our" Chinese restaurant which was as usual delicious.
This time I could take a picture of the goldfishes which are swimming in an aquarium under the table.
3. Summer came out for one day and we took a little sunbath on Nicole's terrace. She told me about her holidays in Italy which hadn't been nice at all, because they had rented a car in France in Nice and when they wanted to pay, their machine was to old to accept new cards (that's France) and they refused to give the car even by paying cash ! A real scandal. She finally had for 500 € train, and bus tickets expenses !
4. Two of my friends are very ill, my neighbor's throat cancer had come back and she is in hospital and another complained about back aches, went yesterday at 4 am to the emergency service in a nearby hospital had to be transported to another one and they just could operate her in time otherwise she would have been completely paralysed. It's terrible how quick things can happen because she hasn't felt anything before.
5. This week we had our painting class again and we all agreed that we didn't need Yoga Laughing classes because we laugh enough in this class !
Nicole shows to Chantal a "rag" to clean her brushes which is an old underpants, much to the fun of the others. On the left below is the beginning of my new painting. A black cat in pastel and acrylic.
Chantal had discovered a new restaurant in a beautiful location with view on our Lion !
In summer you can also eat outside
They are specialized in steaks and this red machine is (as I suppose) a machine to cut the steaks !
The week is gone and the new one will start like this :
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.
I was an only child, had no pets not even a goldfish. My father had declared that pets are a burden and unsanitary. I took my revenge when I lived of my own by adopting a cat, later another cat and a dog, a guinea pig and I kept the school rapid during holidays ! And I still have 3 cats !
2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?
"Absolutely" doesn't exist in my vocabulary today, except cooking.
3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?
Thanks to my blog I can tell you exactly what I have done 10 years ago at this day ! I was at home and wrote for a meme called "Thursday Thirteen" what I wrote was this "13 Findings about men"
4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?
You have a lot of national days ! Even for Dumplings ! I like dumplings together with goulash or gnocchis from my husband's region in Italy
5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon
So which kind are you?
Real adventure of course (not with a man !) ! Otherwise life would be even more boring.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
That's the most difficult part of the meme, the random thoughts ! Each time I read this sentence my head is empty ! Maybe I should use this method for relaxing exercise
My friend Bunny (she was born at Easter) and I took the opportunity to visit the Diana Fashion Show at Kensington Palace in London. For us it is so easy to go, it takes 2 h from Brussels to London. I know Bunny since I was a young girl from 1961 on !
Our Bed and Breakfast with the posh name of "Carlton" was directly opposite King's Cross where we arrived. We left our luggage, and off we went for our London adventure.
My weekend was quite special, because I had the first surgery of my life, which wasn't very important, I mean they didn't take out half of my still remaining brain but they cleaned my left eye which was covered by cateracte. I had noticed that there was something wrong with my eyes because I couldn't read the subtitles of Inspector Barnaby's murders anymore.
Over the years our little hospital (the small building in the middle) had expended to a huge maze, where people got lost, looked for signs and I had to ask 3 times until I found my section. Next week for my second eye I take my GPS along (although I doubt that it works)
After km of corridors I finally arrived at destination, was registered and got the way to the room where we had to wait for the surgery.
Apparently they were a little suspicious about my mental health because I got a bracelet with a photo where I look like the wife of a terrorist and a number.
I had to undress put on a night gown and a bathrobe and sat on a wheelchair together with the 6 others. Apparently our doctor had given all of us the same appointment and then operated one after the other. We were a very funny group and our laughter made the nurses coming and laugh with us ! Each time one was wheeled away we shouted "Enjoy yourself" and the once who came back didn't look traumatized at all, they were hungry and had their coffee with cake and orange juice with joy ! As we all had to come again the next day but not in the clinic, in his private consultation we were all happy to see each other again ! From the surgery I only remember two things, the beautiful colors I saw when I had too look in the light and then when the doctor pulled off brutally the plaster from my face and I thanked him for the free epilation ! He said that I was the first person who had noticed the colors !
After my coffee and cake I had to wait for another hour in case my eye would drop out, but nothing happened and I called Mr. G. to pick me up.
He had been half dead of worries, and was surprised to see his wife so cheerful.
When I walked I felt a bit dizzy but nothing special. As I was not allowed to bend over or to carry heavy things, I had a good excuse for doing nothing !
and my cats did the same !
Unfortunately I have no idea of the name of this flower