1. It came into my mind that instead of writing about all kind of things I should write a weather blog ! I just have to copy and paste the forecast because there is none, the forecast is already the present. Never mind, I have to go through wind and rain and complain, at least that always gives a good conversation subject. Fortunately we had our Scrabble afternoon, and while the wind howled around the house we were trying to find words which gave us a maximum of points !
Arthur watched over the coffee
while we raked our brain !
2. My body refused to leave my warm bed, when I had peaked out of the window, but coffee was calling and then I had a nice idea I thought I play a little around with my photos, and I did.
These were one of the results and I found them very nice I thought why go to my painting course if I can do my Arthur the van Gogh, Gaughin, Rembrandt etc style in a few minutes instead of painting for weeks ?
3. I went to aqua gym to keep my body in form and not become rusty. The swimming pool had been transformed and is bigger now, which is very nice because we have more space. As usual it was fun and after the class we had some herb tea (I don't know what mixture it was) talked about holidays and then went home all in directions.
4. I absolutely had to comfort myself and bravely faced wind and weather arrived at my favorite shop without landing on a cloud and there I found the blouse I had seen two days before but hesitated to buy it.
Now I didn't hesitate at all anymore because tomorrow evening we have our monthly Facebook meeting and of course I can't show up always with the same feathers !
5. We had our painting class, and worked quite well, next month is our yearly exhibition and there are
still quite a lot of paintings to be finished. I tried something new I mixed acryl painting with pastel, and was surprised that it worked real well.
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
For me yes, maybe because I am a leisure painter or maybe I understand everything better when I see it physically (films or pictures) too many words make me sleep especially in a IKEA notice. I think it is a question of personality.
2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?
Yes I did long time ago in the 90th coming from Las Vegas we started in Los Angeles and stopped in San Francisco. It had been a wonderful trip ! And I loved all stops.
3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?
Season changing affects me very much. In spring and summer I am full of energy and could climb up the Mount Everest. As soon as it starts to smell "fall" in September I fade like a flower because of lack of light not necessarily sunshine. I was probably a lady bear in my past life and retired in a Grotto in autumn and came out in spring !
4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?
I don't pick up anything, if we celebrate my birthday it's in a restaurant ! I won't work on my own birthday !
Yes, I am 84
I never lie about my age, I don't see the reason. And if I lie I would make me 10 years older so that people are in admiration how good I look for my age !!
5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?
Never give advices to young parents how they have to handle their baby, because everything has changed you are completely ignorant and it is a miracle that the man or woman standing in front of you and who had been your babies are still alive with such a bad mother !
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My random thought for the moment is to find a random thought to write it down here, but I have none, just an empty head !
A very pleasant stop was Bunratty Folk Park which gave me the taste of what village life was like back in the castle’s glory days.
Bunratty Castle and Folk Park is really worthwhile to see ! The Castle is the most complete and authentic medieval fortress in Ireland. Built in 1425 it was restored in 1954 to its former splendor and now contains mainly 15th and 16th century furnishings, tapestries, and works of art capturing the mood of those times. I couldn't take photos, the light was too bad without flash.
Ever since I am retired I woke up at 6 am, fresh like a rose and ready to pull out trees. which made me angry because for once I could sleep as long as I wanted nobody asked me to do something but myself. This lasted for about 8 years. Now suddenly I changed, I wake up and am tired, no way to get out of my bed before 9 which has completely changed my daily routine, I am 3 h late.
But I take it easy I suppose it will change again !
But meanwhile you could do this for me.
There was a festival in Waterloo, which literally fell into water, it was more than rain, it was as if the heaven had opened and outpour buckets of water. After 5 murders solved by Inspector Barnarby in Midsomer something, I put on boots and went to Ilona.
There we complained together over the weather, the hurricanes, the politics, the men and how we would change the world in general. After 4 h and a dry tongue I went home.
On Sunday it was a bit better at least it didn't rain and I went to the market to buy me another pair of trousers which are so practical. Then I had to do some food shopping and arrived at home just for lunch.
Mr. G. spends his time with Whist the card play against his computer. I noticed that his eyes get square.
Fortunately there was another Inspector Barnaby waiting for me on YouTube and while looking outside from time to time into the rain
I was happy solving murders with Inspector Barnaby. Arthur hurried home !