more participants here
A long time ago, when I still lived with my parents, I was sitting in our garden reading a book. My father lay on a deckchair on the patio deeply sleeping with his mouth wide open and snoring like a chain saw. As usual he was dressed in a suit, white shirt and tie even in his free time. In his opinion a well educated man had to be well dressed. I don't know if the pigeon which flew over his head took the open mouth for an invitation to poo, went into action but missed the open mouth.
My father woke up thinking he had got a raindrop on his face, so with his hand he wanted to dry the drop but smeared the poo all over his face. He looked gorgeous ! I was laughing and laughing pretending that I laughed about something in my book, because my father had no humor at all when his person was involved.
My mother coming out of the door, saw my father's face and got hysterical as usual. She screamed and screamed and pointed her finger at his face as if he had gotten smallpox or some horrible skin desease. Finally my father realized that there was something wrong with his face. When he heard what it was he got so furious that I thought he will get a heart attack !
I felt a malicious pleasure, because he was always great in making fun of others ! Now it had been his turn !
8 May 2010
7 May 2010
More participants here
When the weather was warm I arranged a little our covered terrace to make it cosy when we sit outside. My friend saw me, came over and brought these cute placemats !
She had seen them in a shop, thought of me and bought them. Isn't that adorable !
and because it is Show & Tell day, and I saw this little cat in a garden shop, I thought I have to buy it otherwise I have only one thing to show. You see all excuses are good to buy myself something ! With that I follow the general advice for well being : " Do yourself a pleasure !"
6 May 2010
more participants here
Opening the Newspaper this morning the headline was : Saving account interests dropped again, or something like that. That made me think to find some funny quotes about banks
13 Quotes about Banks
1. A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.”
2. When your bank account is so overdrawn that it is positively photographic, steps must be taken.
3. If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.”
4. Good bankers, like good tea, can only be appreciated when they are in hot water.
5. You don't put robbers to work in a bank
6. Banks do nothing positive for anybody except take care of themselves. They're first in with their fees and first out when there's trouble.
7. There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
8. It is well enough that people do not understand banking and monetary system, for if they did, there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
9. Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
10. There have been three great inventions since the beginning of time: fire, the wheel, and central banking
11. The trouble with being educated is that it takes a long time; it uses up the better part of your life and when you are finished what you know is that you would have benefited more by going into banking.
12. When the biggest, richest, glassiest buildings in town are the banks, you know that town's in trouble.
13. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't
3 May 2010
Sayre our host this week wants to see our pet(s) up close and personal.
Now that's exactly a theme for me ! With my four cats I have enough pet noses and faces. My big pet Mr. G. didn't want to participate. The others had no choice and here they are
Pookie, sweet, adorable and mostly inside living cat
Kim a beauty, but a little strange. She prefers all critters, dogs, mice and birds included to humans
Arthur the crooner, the charmer and the most funniest cat I ever met
and sweet little Rosie, loves mouse hunting and has the biggest eyes I have ever seen.
These four are sharing our life and we have a lot of fun with them.
2 May 2010
More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners
Once a year during April/May, the Royal Palace in Brussels opens its Greenhouses to the public The total floor surface of this immense complex is 2.5 hectares (270,000 square feet). 800,000 liters (over 200,000 US gallons) of fuel oil are needed each year to heat the buildings.
Being an optimist, I went there on a first of May, a bank holiday, where nobody works and everybody is underway when the weather is nice.
and these are my weekly winners :
The first Kings of Belgium were really handsome men. I told myself that this fact got lost in the last two generations. Sad.
the grid of the huge gate
with lions sitting on the top
A lemon tree, very unusual for Belgium
When I saw the long line of people waiting to get into the Greenhouses, I lost my courage to admire flowers and preferred to take photos from the park and the castle from outside !
a small part of the Greenhouse
and amazing trees in the park
More about the park and Palace on Tuesday in "My World"