6 May 2010
more participants here
Opening the Newspaper this morning the headline was : Saving account interests dropped again, or something like that. That made me think to find some funny quotes about banks
13 Quotes about Banks
1. A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.”
2. When your bank account is so overdrawn that it is positively photographic, steps must be taken.
3. If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.”
4. Good bankers, like good tea, can only be appreciated when they are in hot water.
5. You don't put robbers to work in a bank
6. Banks do nothing positive for anybody except take care of themselves. They're first in with their fees and first out when there's trouble.
7. There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
8. It is well enough that people do not understand banking and monetary system, for if they did, there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
9. Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
10. There have been three great inventions since the beginning of time: fire, the wheel, and central banking
11. The trouble with being educated is that it takes a long time; it uses up the better part of your life and when you are finished what you know is that you would have benefited more by going into banking.
12. When the biggest, richest, glassiest buildings in town are the banks, you know that town's in trouble.
13. A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't