1. During our holidays in Egypt we had played Scrabble nearly every evening, and we thought we could continue when we are back home. And now it's done we have created our little Scrabble club and will meet each Monday. We are five. Nicole had a flu and couldn't come and Mirella had to go to her accountant, so we were three and the tour started at my home.
We had a lot of fun and made just one game. On the right is Mireille, she is half blind and brought a special Scrabble game with her with big letters. That suits everybody because otherwise they all need glasses. Mireille is also in my painting class and despite her handicap or maybe because, she makes wonderful paintings.
2. In the morning when I wanted to switch on my tablet it was dead. I tried everything, it didn't work, and it had been charging all night. So it wasn't the battery. When I arrived in the shop where I had bought it, the sales person tried some tests, without result and stated that the battery didn't charge anymore and that's why the tablet didn't work. I have it only since November ! I had to leave it there for 10 days ! Fortunately I still have my old Kindle tablet.
3. I had to go to the lung doctor for a check up, and as it was quite humid, it wasn't the ideal weather for me. When I did the tests I thought this time the result will be very bad as I thought I didn't blow in the tube strong enough. But as with me everything is not in a normal way, it turned out that my breathing has improved by 10 % which is quite a lot. I didn't get another spray and everything was OK. At least some good news.
4. Some of you may remember my "friend" Marianne who nearly starved herself to death because her husband had been diagnosed with Alzheimer and she had stayed locked in with him for several weeks until a friend rescued her and brought both to the hospital. There I visited her once, and then she disappeared and Nicole and I didn't know what they had become. As she had behaved so badly we didn't make any effort to find her neither. That was more than a year ago. So we were were very much surprised that she called ! She told us that she was very happy, that she had a nice room in a retirement home and her husband was there too but in the Alzheimer section, that she had a new little dog, her little Kiwi she had given away and a new parrot (the one she had, she had strangled !) I thought she is even more crazy because in some homes pets are allowed but a parrot ? Anyway suddenly she hang off, and we still not know where she is, although she asked us to visit her ! I wonder if she is not in a madhouse !
5. Since I started to paint with my fingers, I love painting again and am very much motivated !
I started this painting today, it's almost finished. Two of my classmates were so adorable to bring me special gloves the same as surgeons use, so that my fingers remain clean. Isn't that sweet. Apparently the others like this finger painting too, because two will start next week !
more participants at Susanne
at Living to tell the Story.