more participants here
Never in my life would I have imagined to meet Maxine life in Brussels or more exactly in Waterloo in a restaurant, where she had lunch with an unknown man.
I recognized her immediately and faked to take pictures of the open fire behind her. She didn't notice that I took pictures, I suppose she probably was spending some time in Belgium, because she is completely unknown here. Nobody knows Maxine. Must have been heaven on earth for her to once be able to eat in peace and icognito. Only there was one bad woman .... me !
PS. For those who don't know Maxine : Maxine is a comic character featured on Hallmark greeting cards and other products. She first appeared on greeting cards when Hallmark launched the Shoebox line of cards in 1986. Hallmark artist John Wagner created the character. She is known for her cantankerous and cynical attitude.
16 Apr 2010
More participants here
This year mother nature is really very late. Green leaves are just starting to come out, but flowerwise there is not very much yet.
To decorate our long entrance a little bit, I bought a few little ceramic cats and put fake pensies in the pots to make it a little more colorful.
From far you don't see that it's fake, I am waiting for petunias to plant ! Arthur sitting on the little wall watched over my garden work !
15 Apr 2010
more participants here
Yesterday I had to go to the dentist, which made me think to look about quotes.
Here are 13 quotes about dentists :
1. If suffering brought wisdom, the dentist’s office would be full of luminous ideas
2. You don’t have to brush your teeth – just the ones you want to keep.
3. Dentist: a prestidigitator who, putting metal into your mouth, pulls coin out of your pocket.
4. I find that most men would rather have their bellies opened for five hundred dollars than have a tooth pulled for five.
5. A man loses his illusions first, his teeth second, and his follies last
6. There are two things in life that a sage must preserve at every sacrifice, the coats of his stomach and the enamel of his teeth.
7. You know, sometimes a man just can’t satisfy all of a woman’s desires. Which is why God invented dental floss
8. Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething.
9. Some old women and men grow bitter with age; the more their teeth drop out, the more biting they get.
10. I had very good dentures once. Some magnificent gold work. It’s the only form of jewelry a man can wear that women fully appreciate.
11. Tooth decay was a perennial national problem that meant a mouthful of silver for patients, and for dentists a pocketful of gold.
12. A physician buries his mistakes, a dentist pulls them out, but a teacher has to live with them
13. Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.
14 Apr 2010
12 Apr 2010
Our host of this week Janice proposes following topic :
Everyone has laundry. Where do you do yours? Show us your Laundry room, or where you go to get those clothes clean! Photos, please.
I don't have a special laundry room, never had. The washing machine is in the kitchen and the dryer in the basement. Anyway now that we are only the two of us and are not working anymore, I don't have a lot of laundry to do. Most of the time it's all three weeks.
It's not a big deal either, I push on the button and then I continue my blogging !
and this is the place where I do the laundry, there is just one basket ready to be washed.
11 Apr 2010
More participants here at Sarcastic
Yesterday I showed the Abbey of Villers la Ville, (I wrote about it here) to my son and DIL. The Abbey dates from 1146 and today there are only the ruins which remain.
The entrance to the prison