15 Apr 2010
more participants here
Yesterday I had to go to the dentist, which made me think to look about quotes.
Here are 13 quotes about dentists :
1. If suffering brought wisdom, the dentist’s office would be full of luminous ideas
2. You don’t have to brush your teeth – just the ones you want to keep.
3. Dentist: a prestidigitator who, putting metal into your mouth, pulls coin out of your pocket.
4. I find that most men would rather have their bellies opened for five hundred dollars than have a tooth pulled for five.
5. A man loses his illusions first, his teeth second, and his follies last
6. There are two things in life that a sage must preserve at every sacrifice, the coats of his stomach and the enamel of his teeth.
7. You know, sometimes a man just can’t satisfy all of a woman’s desires. Which is why God invented dental floss
8. Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething.
9. Some old women and men grow bitter with age; the more their teeth drop out, the more biting they get.
10. I had very good dentures once. Some magnificent gold work. It’s the only form of jewelry a man can wear that women fully appreciate.
11. Tooth decay was a perennial national problem that meant a mouthful of silver for patients, and for dentists a pocketful of gold.
12. A physician buries his mistakes, a dentist pulls them out, but a teacher has to live with them
13. Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.