more participants here
For 2000 years at least the whole world smoked ! Feathered Indians their peace pipe, fat chinese their opium pipes, posh people smoked their cigarettes in elegant cigarette holders and it was very chic !
Now you are a banned outsider if you dare to smoke, it's almost like if you had the black plague. From the garbadge man till a high positioned politician everybody takes care of your health. People you don't know are concerned about your well being, you may have a cancer that doesn't matter but no cigarette in your mouth.
This said I am not a smoker but I try to be tolerant and I think everybody should be. Janka our cleaning lady from Poland has a lot of humour and brought this ashdray back from her holidays and offered it to Mr. G. who ... smokes !
just have a look !
The only thing is, it doesn't only caugh when you put ash in the ashtray, no it caughes and shouts when you don't even think of it ! It must also work with light or movement. So when we watch a crime story and the killer takes a knife, lifts it up and the blade twinkles in the sunshine .... our ashdray caughs !
FUN MONDAY topic below !
24 Apr 2010
23 Apr 2010
A Monday is usually a day which nobody likes because it is the day after. I mean the day after the weekend. Everybody is more or less tired and rarely very fresh on a Monday morning. That's why our topic should be funny and easy !
My question is, what do you drink in the morning, coffee, milk, tea, or something else ? and in what do you drink ? A cup or a mug or a bowl ? Please show us a picture !
(taken from the net)
Come back on Monday and put your link when you have posted !
More participants here
Each time when Janka my cleaning lady comes back from holidays in Poland she brings me a little gift and of course in form of a cat. The once she offered me so far were all out of wood, but this time I got a beautiful one in ceramic
I can also put a light inside
now it stands on the radiator together with two other once. Of course Rosie has to be there too as usual when I take a picture.
22 Apr 2010
more participants here
This week I heard nothing else but things about airplanes being cancelled, due to the ash cloud from Iceland so I thought to present you
13 quotes about airplanes
1. There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane...
2. Your seat cushions can be used for flotation, and in the event of an emergency water landing, please take them with our compliments.
3. We do feature a smoking section on this flight; if you must smoke, contact a member of the flight crew and we will escort you to the wing of the airplane.
4. Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the overhead area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before assisting children or adults acting like children.
5. When the plane you are on is late, the plane you want to transfer to is on time.
6. When you are served a meal aboard an aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence.
7. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.
8. I did not fully understand the dread term 'terminal illness' until I saw Heathrow Airport for myself.
9. The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall.
10. If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it would have changed the history of music... and of aviation.
11. Airline travel is hours of boredom interrupted by moments of stark terror.
12. Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
13. I feel about airplanes the way I feel about diets. It seems to me they are wonderful things for other people to go on.
21 Apr 2010
20 Apr 2010
more participants here
My world was very limited this week. I had a bad cold and felt lousy. Despite the fact that there is a big ash cloud hanging over Europe and millions of people are stuck in airports, the Belgian sky is blue as never so I did a little walk outside to show you my little world, that means my street.
Neighbour houses with blooming bushes and trees .... it's spring !
our entrance too is blooming
and the usless little round abouts at each end of our street also show the beginning of a colorful flower bed.
while cat Arthur takes a sunbath and watches over the neighbourhood.
19 Apr 2010
Eastcoastlife asks us following question :
When it comes to gift-giving and receiving, men and women differ on many things. Are men easier to please? Show us the best and worst gift(s) you have ever received from your spouse/partner/lover?
That's far from being an easy question ! I don't know if man are easier to please than women. A gift is a gift and some people are never happy regardless the sex.
Unfortunately I don't remember any gift which was worse than a Christmas gift I got from my mother ! She had asked me what I wanted and I had told her that I needed a new toaster which would fit in my white/red kitchen.
She agreed and I got the toaster ! When I had unwrapped the package, there was a new green toaster in it with pink roses ! A horror ! Imagine that in my red kitchen !
Amongst the thousand toaster pictures on Google I couldn't find one who looked nearly as ugly as the one I got. My mother loved green and she thought everybody should love green ! No matter the colors of your house. Of course I gave this toaster to somebody who loved green and I bought a white one.
18 Apr 2010
More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners
No really "weekly winners" for me this week. I was in bed with a bad cold
Tea and English honey
a side table with medication and my little computer for the most important things
a little hide and seek with Rosie
and gorgeous weather today, although Brussels airport is still closed because of the ash cloud of Iceland. Hardly believable that there are ash particles up there in such a blue sky !