1. Did you set any goals for the new year this time last year? Did you meet them or miss the mark? Tell us more if you're comfortable sharing.
I never make lists or set any goals for a new year, because I won't keep it or forget. Often events happen, you never thought about. Anyway this year was the worst I ever had in my whole life, as Rick my husband passed away end May, and this changed my whole life, plans etc.
2. What are three words that might describe the kind of person you were this past year or describe in some way how your life looked?
I was like a Robot, I did what I had to do, the paper work, the invoices, deciding everything for him because he couldn't think anymore by himself and hardly speak. He had Parkinson/Alzheimer. From January on it became worse every day. Sometimes I wonder how I went through all that;
3. What's something new you ate, saw, heard, or experienced in 2022? What did you think ?
I eat now Rice slices instead of bread. Looks like popcorn bread and I love it with cheese and little cherry tomatoes. I didn't hear nothing special, I saw a part of Switzerland and I experienced an incineration. I didn't think anything my head was empty.
4. Oxford Dictionary has announced it's word of the year for 2022, and it's this-goblin mode. Huh? Have you ever heard this phrase? Used this phrase? It's defined as "a type of behavior which is unapologetically self-indulgent, lazy, slovenly, or greedy, typically in a way that rejects social norms or expectations."
The only Gobelin I kow is this one invented by a French family of weavers in the 15th century. There is also a factory in Brugge (Belgium) where mine comes from. I couldn't find the definition you found, I don't see the relation between a tapestry and a behavior. This year they allowed the public to choose amongst three finalists. You can read more about that here. If you were in charge, what word would you declare word of the year for 2022 ?
None, one word is not enough for a chatterbox
5. Any special plans for an end of year celebration in your house or town? The travel channel says the world's best New Year's Eve celebrations will happen in Copacabana Beach-Rio de Janerio, the Orlando theme parks in Florida, London, Sydney, New York's Time Square, Edinburgh Scotland, and Paris. If you could attend any one of these which would you choose? Tell us why?
I think I would choose to go to Edinburgh, Scotland, just because I love this town. I have already seen the Military Tattoo and it was wonderful. Meanwhile I celebrate New Year with 4 of my neighbors. We don't even have to go out.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
What I think ? That life is not anymore as it was before the Covid. First locked down for two years, then weather catastrophes, it's too hot on one side of the world and too cold on the other. Most of the people worry about living and energy costs, about wars, attacks, fires, earthquakes etc, better to stay in bed with your head under the cover;
It's also better not to watch News on TV, everywhere you only hear catastrophes, never something positive and I doubt that next year will be better !
Mood of the day