28 Dec 2022

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - CHRISTMAS 2022

 
Pookie added herself as Queen to the Kings

Arthur keeps the angels warm

Rosie is not sure to greet the angel
 


 All my cats during 18 - 20 years.

 
more participants here, and Image-in-ing here
 
 
 
******** 

MY CHRISTMAS 2022

Now I have the Christmas buzzle behind me, I was scared, it was the first Christmas without Rick and I really didn't feel like celebrating. Luckily I told my son not to celebrate Christmas here together with me, because when we called each other via Whatsapp on Christmas Eve, it was good that they hadn't come, because Toby was ill, my DIL didn't feel well either, she still suffers from the long Covid. 
 
I watched a movie, then ate my duck leg and did some TV zapping before going to bed. 
 
 
By coincidence suddenly I saw a documentary that showed Rick's town and the Garda Lake, where we had spent so many happy moments ! That was incredible. I could even see our friends house and the streets of Rovereto. How strange . When  it was over, I went to bed and was satisfied with my Christmas Eve.
 
On Christmas day Dominique came to celebrate with me. 
 
 
On the TV screen our King Philip doing his Christmas speech

She had been my neighbor for many years and then had moved away, but we always kept contact. We also did a lot of travels together. She came at 4 pm and we spent the evening together.  While we watched the movie "Indian Palace" which we had seen years ago, but we wanted to see it again, we enjoyed all kind of gourmet food, shrimps, Sushi,  St Jacques shells in Champagne sauce and to finish a strawberry mousse. By the time we had eaten up everything, we were both tired and went to bed. She slept in Rick's room which is now my guest room, because she didn't want to drive in the dark. Dominique has also Parkinson, but already a long time and the doctors could slow down the progress of the disease. We had a real nice time together,
 
On Boxing day (that's how the Brits call the second Christmas day) my son came with Toby, loaded with gifts for me. 
 
 
I got an external hard disk with a high storage capacity, a wonderful warm long scarf, and some other little things. I was really spoiled. When I had unwrapped my gifts, we went to the Italian restaurant where we often go, and as usual it was very good. Then we returned home and chatted a bit, before they had to leave and pick up Toby's best friend Benjy and return to Amsterdam. 
 
Now I am happy that my first Christmas without my better half, went quite well. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to hear you did actually enjoy Christmas, even without Rick. An external hard drive is a great thing to have to back up photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite an enjoyable Christmas, the highlight being your son and grandson's visit. Enjoy your gifts (hard drive here is an expensive item)!
    Wishing you the very Best in the upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that your Christmas Eve and Day went well, despite your earlier misgivings. Friends and family do help to ease one through difficult patches, I think. How nice that your son and grandson came to see you, bearing gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !