29 Sept 2017

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY





Modern London




More participants here at

******




1. Maybe because of my eye surgery Arthur went into energy saving mode but still did the survey over our scrabble game. I had no luck I lost ! This time Ilona won, the very first time we play, she was lucky she had a scrabble right in the beginning.

2. Nicole had an important medical examination with the posh name "scintigraphy" and as it lasted so long I kept her company because she was a bit worried. After the hospital we went to "our" Chinese restaurant which was as usual delicious.



This time I could take a picture of the goldfishes which are swimming in an aquarium under the table.

3. Summer came out for one day and we took a little sunbath on Nicole's terrace. She told me about her holidays in Italy which hadn't been nice at all, because they had rented a car in France in Nice and when they wanted to pay, their machine was to old to accept new cards (that's France) and they refused to give the car even by paying cash  ! A real scandal. She finally had for 500 € train, and bus tickets expenses !

4. Two of my friends are very ill, my neighbor's throat cancer had come back and she is in hospital and another complained about back aches, went yesterday at 4 am to the emergency service in a nearby hospital had to be transported to another one and they just could operate her in time otherwise she would have been completely paralysed. It's terrible how quick things can happen because she hasn't felt anything before.

5. This week we had our painting class again and we all agreed that we didn't need Yoga Laughing classes because we laugh enough in this class !



Nicole shows to Chantal a "rag" to clean her brushes which is an old underpants, much to the fun of the others. On the left below is the beginning of my new painting. A black cat in pastel and acrylic.

Chantal had discovered a new restaurant in a beautiful location with view on our Lion !



In summer you can also eat outside



They are specialized in steaks and this red machine is (as I suppose) a machine to cut the steaks !

The week is gone and the new one will start like this :








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.







15 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbours health, how things change so quickly. Laughter in your art class I imagine is infectious so conducive to getting some work done. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your sick friends. It happens too often at our age that friends get ill.I didn't know you had to take your knickers off in Art class. No wonder you all have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friends. We all take our health for granted until things start to go wrong. Yes I can see why you're always laughing at your art class. At least the knickers are being put to good use lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so sorry to hear about ypur neighbors and their sicknesses. I will say a prayer for them to have endurance and strength.

    That class you take spunds like a lot of fun...especially with underwear as a cleaning cloth!! 😜

    I hope you have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your neighbors health problems.
    Visiting favorite restaurants and finding new ones is always fun. I enjoy Chinese food, too
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you have friends who are ill. I love the idea of the goldfish tank under the table...I've never seen that before. Hope you have a sunny week...I know you miss it after Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen a table with goldfish before!
    I'm sorry to hear about your friends. It's really scary as illness sometimes comes so suddenly.
    Love the cartoon. I wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this really makes me want to join a painting class... I was in one years ago,,,, perhaps it's time for another!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful skywatch shots! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your friends. I'm glad you have a good laugh at painting class. Such good therapy! Hope your eye surgery has good results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your eye surgery came out well. Hurray.
    How marvelous to go to a restaurant that has a fish tank under the table. I would love to see this.
    I have never gone to a laughter yoga class but would really like to. But, alas, there are not any in my city. Maybe I should look into a painting class. Maybe my class would have as much fun as your class. Using underpants to clean brushes? Now that IS FUNNY.
    Have a good week, Gattina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your eye heals well from surgery. Your friend's experience is so astonishing - it's amazing how quickly things can change, but I am glad she got help in time. I used to use old underwear for rags, too, but got embarrassed once when I accidentally left a dustrag out when the church teens came over! Good that you could be with Nicole during her exam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First I want to say how sorry I am your two friends are facing such hard health circumstances. My prayers are with them for quick and total recovery. That fish tank table is neat. The goldfish table is kinda neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your neighbour. I think your art class looks a lot of fun. Have a good week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !