25 Feb 2010

THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Spring quotes


more participants here

13 Quotes about spring

1. In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.

2. In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours

3. Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush

4. Spring has come when you can put your foot on three daisies

5. Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"”

6. An optimist is the human personification of spring.

7. People ask me what I do in winte. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.


8. Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself

9. He who neglects to drink of the spring of experience is likely to die of thirst in the desert of ignorance.

10. The flowers anew, returning seasons bring; But beauty faded has no second spring.

11. The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.

12. It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!

13. Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.


12 comments:

  1. We go from having cabin fever to having spring fever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring quotes. We're having an early spring this year. Anyone in dire need of sunshine please pay Malta a visit. Psst, it's a secret, it's nicest during spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quotes my friend. :) Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6....hmmmmm, I must be Spring!!!

    My 13 is literary this week. Scroll down below my Thursday Thunks to find 'em HERE I'd love to have you visit if you can find time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like quotes. Number 5 speaks to me this morning. I'm hoping Spring will be here very soon. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I can vaguely feel something in the air... I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sure are having cabin fever here. I want spring so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the thing about living here in Singapore I never get to experience the four seasons so I truly appreciate all the travelling during different times :D

    This is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the encouraging words in the last part of this really cold winter in Norway. I know it is spring when the snow melts and my snowbells come up. It won't be too long now. Love the cartoon, yep remember when my kids looked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the thought of #6. After a cold winter without the comfort of snow....I am ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And then there is one of my favorite spring quotes, an old Kiowa Proverb: "Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant"

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #5! AMEN!!! I can't waaaaaaaait!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !