13 Translations into English (I hope I did better in the past !)
1. Bathroom light operates with motion sensor. Turns off approx. 15 minutes after last registered motion.
2. Two signs from a Majorcan shop entrance:
- English well talking.
- Here speeching American.
3. In a brochure of a car rental firm in Tokyo:
When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.
4. In the office of a Roman doctor:
Specialist in women and other diseases.
5. In a Norwegian cocktail lounge:
Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar.
6. In a Copenhagen airline ticket office:
We take your bags and send them in all directions.
7. In a Bangkok temple:
It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man.
8. In a Czechoslovakian tourist agency:
Take one of our horse-driven city tours - we guarantee no miscarriages.
9. In a Rome laundry:
Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time.
10. In a Zurich hotel:
Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose.
11. In an advertisement by a Hong Kong dentist:
Teeth extracted by the latest Methodists.
12. In a Rhodes tailor shop:
Order your summers suit. Because is big rush we will execute customers in strict rotation.
13. In a hotel in Athens:
Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. daily.