1. Find a penny. Look at the date and tell us something about your life or what you were doing that year?
2. Were you given an allowance as a child? Did you have to earn it in some way? Did you learn to save money when you were a child or is that something you figured out as an adult?
I can't remember when I got my first "pocket money" what children got each week from their parents. Not all of course, but I got one. It was not much just to be able to buy some sweets, but as I didn't like sweets, I really can't remember what I did with 1 € a week (which is like a $ per week) Probably I put it in my piggy bank. But I was proud to have my own money each week.
3. April 23rd is National Take A Chance Day..what's a chance you need or want to take?
For me it's really a day of chance because Mr. G. was finally transferred to the rehabilitation center, which is outside the city in the country with a lot of wood around. Now I need the chance that he recovers quickly.
4. What's some outdated slang you seem to use a little too often?
Speaking slang, outdated or not was strictly forbidden at home. I was told only badly or not educated people spoke like that. So I grew up and wasn't even allowed to say " sh..t" At least not officially !
5. It's National Poetry month and I always like to make us work our brains a little...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
....you fill in the rest with something original...
Roses are red violets are blue but if you are colorblind it's a pity for you
6. Insert your own random thought here.
For the moment my head is full of things I should put in Mr. G's suitcase because when he was taken away by ambulance he just had a training suit and a leather jacket with him. Of course later I brought him t-shirts and jogging trousers but there are a lot of other things to think about ! If only they would allow me to come with him and put his things in the right place ! But it's not allowed still due to the lockdown rules. I have to bring the suitcase over today. Once he is nicely established I can finally relax and try to get rid of the stress ! It had lasted exactly one month and 3 days he was in the hospital, and I saw him only once on his 80th birthday.