1. It's Mickey Mouse's birthday (November 18)...happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip.
I didn't grow up with Mickey Mouse or anything from Walt Disney, I was an after war child in Germany and we didn't have or my father didn't want that I read cartoons.
I discovered all this with my son and in the 80th we have been to Disney World and Disney land it was very funny ! The closest park in Europe is near Paris, but I have never been there, and now I have no intention to go there ! Anyway it's closed because of the Coronavirus, which has probably caught Mickey too !
2. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more churchmouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?
I have never been a church mouse ! Even when I wanted to and stay alone in a corner ! I don't know why but after 5 min I always was surrounded by people. Even at school, it was always me who attracted attention even if I hadn't said a word ! I think I belong to the mighty mouse, also I don't feel mighty at all ! It must be my looks and demeanour.
3. The day before Mickey's birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?
It was also my grandson's birthday, I will tell him that it also was a Homemade Bread Day ! I have never heard of it but I bake the bread myself, I have a machine for that. I love the smell which goes through the whole house when it's nearly ready. I always take mixed flour for half dark bread with different grains, like sunflower grains or others.
Toby loves my bread ! but here he is with a sandwich
4. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?
A scone with sour cream and bluberry jam
5. Let's keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right?
- The sun which is shining through our big window door
- Today just started and I enjoy a cup of strong black coffee with suger to wake me up !
- There was no invoice in the mail, which is the only mail we still get !
- The Christmas decoration I found on Internet as all our shops are closed and we are under the second lockdown !!
- Time for watchingt a little movie
6. Insert your own random thought here.