more participants here
Our arrival in Hurghada (Egypt) in 13 points
1. Chantal and I went to Egypt on Sunday. I had asked for wheelchair assistance. (Chantal had polio when she was 3 years old and can't walk long distances) It worked in Brussels but in Hurghada apparently they first needed to built one until they can pick up people.
2. We were told to wait a moment. The moment became 20 min. Loosing patience, I stormed behind the counters, were 7 men were busy with lines and lines of incoming tourists to give out visas for 15 $ each.. Under the horrified eyes of the stuff I claimed again for a wheelchair.
3. Finally I was surrounded by 3 employees in uniform and two policemen to help me to get a wheelchair. They discussed and discussed and gesticulated, I thought it would be nice to make a little video now.
4. After 45 min, a breathless man ran through all the people pushing a wheelchair which dated from the first World War. Now we could go on.
5. The taxi driver agreed to the price of 5 € but suddenly wanted the double, otherwise he would call the police, that made me laugh because they are very afraid of police in general and I not at all. I told him it was an excellent idea there was just one, but he didn't stop and without any more discussion dropped us at the RIGHT hotel !
6. Never be in a hurry, our "time is money" doesn't exist, so it took at least 45 min to check in, because they always need big discussions between them with with flying hands, just like the Italians.
7. We got the same appartment as last year, but first didn't recognize it because they had recovered the furniture (was necessary) there was only one bed, we asked for a second.
8. When I touched a towel, the metalic towel holder broke out of the wall and dropped with a big noise on the tiles.
9. The cable of the kettle had nude wires hanging out of a rotten cable, which was probably more efficient then an electric chair. I didn't try, I had brought my own.
10. there was no toilet paper, which should be brought immediately and arrived 4 h later, fortunately we had tissus, and didn't have to use our hands
11. We got one bath towel for two persons, I asked for a second which also arrived when we had lost all hope
12. The next day our towels were folded into a heart with red Ibiscus flowers around, it layed on our beds
13. We are happy to be in a 4* hotel, the food is very good and the staff very friendly. You get everything what you want .... but you never know when.
Moral of the story, if it would have been perfect I had nothing to write about.
But the weather is warm, the sun is shining the sea is blue and warm and the palmtrees spent us shade. A paradise for two girls coming from a rainy, grey and cold Belgium.
Beach, appartment and camel !