31 Jan 2024

HODGEPODGE JANUARY 31

 1. January 29th is National Puzzle Day. Do you enjoy puzzles? What kind (crossword, jigsaw, sudoku, etc)?  How often do you work a puzzle? 

I don't like  any of the above mentioned games. I never made crosswords, jigsaw (I don't even know) and Sudoku, I only saw people playing. But my grandson was a fan of puzzles and at 5 he made whole landscapes or complicated designs which were for 18 year olds ! He is the opposite of me, I have not enough patience, however I like to play Scrabble and learned now Bingo !

2. Something you currently find 'puzzling'? 

Yes, since I discovered the family church in the castle I want to discover other treasures or maybe a ghost in the attic or the basement ! 


3. What's your go-to dish to take to someone who needs a meal (new baby, bereavement, etc)? 

I would bring Belgian wafels, that's what everybody likes. On the street I would buy a Hamburger with fries, or hot wafels ! 

4. Do you watch any HGTV and/or The Food Network? If so, what's your favorite program there? 

Of course we don't have HGTV here, but what I like to watch is "Escape to the country" or "House under the hammer" I love to decorate and with these houses there is a lot of possibilities ! Both are on UK channels.

5.  Wrap up your January in five words, with a five word phrase, or with a five word sentence. 

 Put pullovers on and off

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Now that I am really feeling at home here, I often sit at the window and look over the park and imagine how it will look when spring starts. It is so peaceful. Coming home now is a pleasure, I love my flat the way I decorated it, and the compliments I get ! I have another name now too, "Madame Rosie", cat Rosie is the darling of the castle ! Sometimes people pop in just to see her ! (not me !) 

 If I want company I just have to go out of my room there is always sitting some people in corners or in the library, and when I want to be alone, I just go into my cozy room.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !