More participants here
Yesterday evening I came back from my roundtrip trough Morocco and wanted to show you the first pictures of this beautiful country
13 stops and views of the South of Morocco
1. Marrakech,known as the "Red City", is an important and former imperial city in Morocco.
2. Ouarzazate, the Holywood of Morocco, where amongst others "The Mummy, Gladiator and Martin Scorcese's Kundun were shot.
4. Aït Benhaddou is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and several films have been shot there, including "The Last Temptation of Christ" "The Sheltering Sky" "Kundun" "The Mummy", Gladiator and Alexander
5. Atlas mountains
6. Zagora, a well known town with a sign at the town border : "Tombouctou 52 jours", the supposed time it takes to get to Timbuktu, Mali on foot or camel.
7. a sunset in the Sahara on a camel
8. Erfoud, also is a popular destination for filmmakers because of the beautiful views of the Sahara Desert that the town's location affords. Desert sequences in the 1999 film The Mummy were filmed in several locations around the town, including the inside of a dormant volcano.
9. Tineghir is a town in eastern Morocco, in the Atlas Mountains
10. Red mountains
11. Villages were time stood still since 2000 years, but have here and there a TV antenna
12. the "blue men" Berbers who live in the desert
13. Camels and donkeys !