30 Jun 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Our beautiful and hot summer, which started in June this time, has ended, now that July is about to start, we are sitting again in the rain. So I stayed at home and looked at the 2000 pictures I still have on Photobucket and also discovered a Flickr account !

The next day I had my appointment with the dermatologist because I had noticed all sorts of strange things on my skin. Since I am always afraid of skin cancer, I preferred to have my skin examined. The dermatologist explained to me that it was nothing serious and certainly not skin cancer. Of course I was relieved. 

On the way back I stopped at a shop and bought very simple t-shirts that you can also wear as undershirts in winter.

I took the same colors of  T-shirts that I had to clean out because they were antiques. White, black, red, yellow, blue, turquoise, etc. I noticed that the men's t-shirts were €2 cheaper than women's! And they were the same!! Of course I bought the ones for men. I don't care as long as they fit! At least I saved €10 ! I tried one it fitted perfectly. I am thankful to Rick that I always had to go to the men's department for him and buy his shirts, sweaters etc. as he was too lazy to go himself or rather pretending I had a better taste ! Therefore I knew the price difference. Unfortunately I still go first in the men's department and then I realize I don't have to do so anymore.

                             Mr. Rick dressed by Gattina during their holidays at the Garda lake !

Mussels had arrived the season started ! My neighbor Louquette called me and asked  if I wouldn't like to go with her to eat our first mussels this year.  Of course I wanted and we went to the Lunch Garden and had a huge portion of mussels with Belgian fries. (all you can eat) ! but one portion was more than enough)

We even got a bottle of alcohol free beer for free, as publicity for this beer brand. A real Belgian beer, they started to produce also alcohol free beer. That's very good when you drive !

We returned home and I fell asleep (as usual) while watching my movie ! I had a bit the blues as always on the 29th of each month, that was the day when Rick died.


 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. It is obscene that women's clothes are more expensive than men's. I guess that if there is a way for a business to take unfair advantage they will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look up my old photo accounts and clean out what is there. That's a good rainy day or very hot day project. It's been hot here, so I have stayed mostly indoors.

    I want to see a dermatologist, too. My father and his father had skin cancer, and I got sunburned all the time growing up. My regular doctor just asks if I have any areas I am concerned about--but I have spots all over and am not always sure what might be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch sounds fun and a snooze afterwards is a brilliant way to digest your food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mussels and beer! Nice.
    My sister in law buys men's underwear for herself as she refuses to pay the much higher price for women's underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you are sad every month... but I guess it's understandable. I see you went to lake Garda: I was born on lake Como. The header photo also looks from Italy. I like mussels, too. 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sad day but how good was your friend to invite you for a mussel lunch. There are so many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Women's clothes are more expensive AND they change the styles too often so you can't go back and buy a second item you liked.
    Your lunch outing was a fun time with your neighbor.
    I'd like some of your rain if you could send it over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you enjoyed your mussels - I have come to like them over recent years. Sorting photos can be a very long job. good advice about the clothing. Hope your weather has improved.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !