8 Jul 2020

A SOMEWHAT SPECIAL MOVE AND WORDLESS WEDNESDAY



A mini truck for moving the content of a whole house





Equipment dating from 14/18



and then the wardrobe fell from the 4th floor !



more participants here,
and Image-in-ing

*******

The Move



It is almost 4 weeks since we moved and I had no time or desire to write anything, I was so tired!

Our move was a nightmare! Friends had recommended the "best moving company" to me and that's how I came to this company! It couldn't get any worse. First of all they forgot our move and when at 9 o'clock still nobody showed up I called.

At 10 o'clock they arrived, instead of 4 men only 2 and the smallest truck I had ever seen ! Of course, they had also forgotten boxes. It was agreed that they should pack and unpack, instead they had to pick up the furniture twice because the truck was too small for one trip !  And as we live now on the 4th floor to make the catastrophe complete, they dropped my closet  which boke into a large puzzle ! It was like a video gag film.

They promised us another truck and two men more who never arrived. The whole fun lasted until 10 pm and I was exhausted. Mr. G was so excited that a friend of mine took him into her home,  before he went crazy.

That was just the day of the move, I'll tell the rest another time, meanwhile our apartment is almost furnished and we like it very much.



I just wanted to write at least once that I'm still alive!

Now the house has to be emptied, because this "special" moving company took the furniture with them, but not our clothes and other things !!



The first one who felt home immediately was cat Rosie who had always been an outside cat ! To our big surprise she is happy on our big balcony !

Once our house is completely empty and handed over to the new owners I hope our good old live comes back !

20 comments:

  1. The main thing , Gattina, is being alive!
    Moving house has never been easy, so now you know it for sure.
    Enjoy your new apartment, and tell us your impressions of the new surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear from you. Moving is always a bit of a nightmare and I have moved lots of times but I think your move is the worst I have heard. The one bit of good news is hearing Rosie is settling in. Hope it won't be too long before this move is over and you can enjoy your lovely new apartment. My thoughts are with you, stay strong as I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived the move. And glad Rosie adjusted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering how you have been going. At least the worst is over now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi it’s great to hear from you. Though about the moving, what a disaster! I hope you get compensation for your broken closet and all these inconveniences. But your apartment looks really great and I’m glad Rosie settled in nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sounds like a lot of stress in your moving. Your new place is looking pretty and the balcony looks spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't sound like a good experience. On a positive note you are now settling into your new apartment and making it into a home. Glad you are OK and well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope by now things are feeling a bit better and you are not so exhausted. Looking forward to more normal blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! Dropping the dresser is very unsettling and disappointing. Anyone can make a mistake but these “movers” sound ridiculous. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have survived the move. Not sure I would have managed so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful new place and you're done with the old place. That's the best part. You'll get it in order in no time. Enjoy.

    Hope you had a great Wordless Wednesday, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! We’ve had some troubles in our recent moves, but nothing as bad as all that. Gosh, that truck looks like a child’s toy..what in the world were they thinking? No wonder Mr G was a nervous wreck... I d have probably been right with him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful spot! Too bad about your closet. Time to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a headache. I would certainly chew out the ownership of that moving company. That's unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness, at my (international) moves went a lot smoother! I hope you are slowly returning to a normal life. And that they reimbursed you for the wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! What an experience! I'm glad you like the new place and hope the old one gets cleaned out soon, so you can get into your new normal lives. I hope the moving company will pay for your broken closet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moving is so stressful! But I'm glad the nightmare is over and you are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you settle in and love your new home!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/jazzy.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG what a disastrous moving company. I hope you didn't pay them the full amount. If it isn't bad enough moving without having useless movers. Poor you and MrG. Hopefully everything will be okay soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !