21 May 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

In fact I could continue the post from last week, because there are not many differences. 

On Monday I did my shopping and returned quickly home as there was a strong wind and rain ! Since May began, it's a lousy weather ! 

We were four for our scrabble and I drove the girls to Nivelles where Chantal lives it's about 16 km away. It was a very nice afternoon. 

It did me real good because Mr. G's condition was even worse than the day before. The next day I called the doctor and asked her what was going on. Of course she also had  noticed that his state had worsened and that she had changed the dosage and now he has to get used to it. 

I had noticed that my view became worse and worse and had an appointment with the ophthalmologist right around the corner. To check my eyes it took her 2 h ! Just put drops in, wait, put me in front of her machine and looked deeply into my eyes, put again drops in and again I had to wait, but in between she did the same with two other patients.

She jumped like a flea from one to the other and then called me in again to take pictures of the inside of my eyes. When that was finished she started to give me an university course, but I stopped her immediately I didn't want to become an ophtamologue I only wanted to know if I needed glasses and that my eyes are healthy and no macula in view ! I think she was a bit disappointed that I didn't wanted to know more, but for me it was greek with all the latin words although I had had some latin at school !

I hurried home just in time for the two guys to open the door for the yearly check up of our heating. When they were gone I went to my optician to choose glasses. Gosh ! the glasses were so expensive  apparently I have complicated eyes, but still I never thought I had to pay 700 € ! But I was lucky there was a promotion and I got two pairs, one sunglasses and a normal one !

My cat Rosie had an infection at the end of her tail and had lost the hairs around. I had to buy a new carrier because I couldn't find the old one, which had probably disappeared during the move.

I found a real nice one like a travel bag, not heavy at all. I put it on the floor so that Rosie could check it, and to my surprise she approved and after having sniffed around all corners she went inside and settled down !

 

So the next day I left the bag on the floor and when it was time to go to the vet, she was already sleeping inside ! I just had to close the zippers ! She said nothing in the lift but started meowing softly the whole way long, fortunately it was now closer to our apartment then to our house.

I was relieved that she had nothing special just a little irritation and she gave me a cream to put it on Rosie's botty ! If she lets me !! The way back went smooth and without problems, and now the carrier stands still there because from time to time she does her lockdown nap in there.

And another week went by, although the hairdressers and all shops are open and even the terraces of the restaurants, the streets seem empty and unfortunately with this awful weather it's really impossible to sit outside ! Not good for restaurants and bars ! 

Rosie just woke up for a minute !
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

6 comments:

  1. That carrier comes in handy. Best to keep it in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the acceptable carrier. Cats can be very choosy.
    I do hope Mr. G improves and can return home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She voluntarily went in? Mine just sees a carrier and hides upstairs! And all the others did the same.

    I hope the medication is okay now and Mr G will improve enough to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I had my yearly eye exam yesterday too. Now I need to go order the classes. I hope your weather improves and also that Mr. G adjusts to his new medication. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good Rosy likes her carrier. I don't have pets, but I've noticed carriers are being made of softer material now and almost look like luggage.

    I'm glad your eyes are ok and just needed glasses. I hope Mr. G. improves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure helps when the pets like the carrier. Glad her tail is ok and glad you're eyes are ok too. I haven't had that test yet but it doesn't sound fun. Hopefully the medication adjustment will happen quickly for Mr. G

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !