13 Aug 2023

AWWW-WEEKEND - WEEKEND AUGUST 12

 


I saw a dancer dancing with a pole yesterday, so I wanted to try that too, but it hasn't worked out that well. When I am  ready  then I apply in a bar dancing on a pole !

 

 AWWW MONDAYS 


********** 

 

WEEKEND AUGUST 12 

Since I had stop the medication and followed Dr. Gattina, I put the new medication away, took out the medication I took last time and which me fit again. I still had a box left. And oh miracle, the fever was gone, I had no breathing problems and I walked normal or nearly I was still a little rusty from my week sitting in the chair, but when Dominique arrived I felt nearly normal, a little week. 

She as usual had it overdone and forgotten to take her pills so she shacked that I proposed her to work as a barmaid and make cocktails. That made her laugh and after 10 min she was normal again.

We had lunch then she made an afternoon map, while I watched my movie, from which I saw the beginning and the end. I made a nap too apparently. While we did our naps, the sun had come out and she wanted to see where I would like the last years of my life. 

We arrived there at 2.30 pm, I just wanted her to show the whole complex and she loved it. She said when it is time for her she would not go to another place then this one. 

We met the young lady from the reception and she showed us around. She even showed my friend my room. She couldn't believe it, such a huge room, she said you can take easily your sofa corner and table with you, make yourself an office for blogging and painting (???) and you still have room enough for a cupboard and your cat shelf, and the room still would  not  look overloaded. Of course the rooms are big it is an old castle and the ceilings very high too. 

In my room (Nr. 13 !!!), I am even allowed to put my own curtains at the windows take my bed with me and arrange my room like I want, only a toaster is not allowed in the bathroom. Anyway I don't eat toast !

Then she showed us the dining room, Breakfast is served in the rooms, lunch and supper in the dining room just like you wish.

Then we did a walk through the huge park ! People were sitting outside on the benches or on the terrace

They were very friendly and told us how nice it is here. In short from the 5 people we talked too not even one had something negative to say. I even met a lady who loves painting, has the same interests as my friend and me so we spent at least 45 min with her and she showed us her room, which was very cozy. She told us that she had cried for a month because she had to leave her house and now she is angry that she hasn't moved before.  

Having heard only positive descriptions and seeing the satisfaction on the peoples face, it was very good for me. With the lady who painted to, we thought we could make a painting group and teach the others. We also met a woman in boots and garden gloves who worked in an angle where they grow flowers or vegetables or whatever. She was angry about the weather which had destroyed most of her plants, apparently there are "green thumbs" there too. We also met a middle aged man who walked his mother in a wheelchair and he was delighted about the place !

Satisfied and happy we returned home and had an Italian Salad, which was so good that my friend ate the double of what I ate ! We watched a very funny movie with Bruce Willis who came from a Killer family, it was hilarious. 

And then we went to bed and I slept ....until 10 ! My friend until 9, we were exhausted from the day before.

I have never seen a mini golf like that in my whole life ! That's really one original, I wonder how look the sticks ??

And then we rested a bit on the terrace got a juice and were asked to come back soon !

I think I couldn't find a better place. It was with my apartment. I saw it, went in, fell in love and didn't even look elsewhere. When I think it over, it was the same with Rick. He would like it too, to one condition is there a Wifi ? 

On Sunday we had a potpourri of weather clouds, sunshine, no sunshine, only sunshine etc. I recovered from the day before and watched a film, listen to Britain got talent, I escaped to the country and looked with new eyes of what I will take with me. 

My poor son who will be away on holidays,  first a week in Switzerland and then return to Italy to his Daddy's Lake of Garda.  As this is a paradise of surfers, Toby had made a week of surfing when his school holidays started. And after that, I count on them to measure out my room exactly and imagine where we could put the furniture. Meanwhile I get rid of all things I don't need anymore. 





 

5 comments:

  1. Love the pole dancing kitty. Adorable.

    Way to go on the new digs. I know you're going to love it. It's beautiful,

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home looks like an upmarket hotel. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good that you visited your 'castle' again and still liked it. Perhaps Dominique could reserve a room there for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love at first sight - is the best! Your liking of the castle - is that kind of love.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !