18 Aug 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Now we are mid August and still singing in the rain ! For once I am happy that I didn't travel, because there is fire or there is water or there are strikes, so it's better to stay home which came never in my mind

I did my shopping and then started to take pictures of my cat collection. That's quite a work ! But if it works then it's worthwhile ! To have an idea of the prices I am really surprised how expensive some cats are. I have a few Swarowski cats and they are all around 100 €. 


Have you ever tried to bring cash to a bank ? I don't know how it is in your country, but here it's a real joke ! First I had to take an appointment just to give the money to the employee. I told him that this takes five minutes. He said he is overloaded with work and I should use the cash machine. Now I always used the "hole in the wall" as they say in the UK when I need cash, but I had never put money in the "hole". So I went to the bank the employee sent me to the machine and pointed out, that it is really easy, but  if I need help to call him. I was the 4th in a looooong line, which I left and inspected the machine, which I knew very well, as I use it almost every day. I didn't find a hole to put my banknotes in, but for the card there was no problem. Then I read to put my pin code and push the button. The button ? which one, there was none, at least even with my glasses I didn't see any. I got angry and screamed through the whole bank MONSIEUR that thing doesn't work ! Appeared 5 people to help me but not the Monsieur. Now the bank doesn't even want money !  Indeed there was a tiny little button, on which I pushed and suddenly a big hole appeared (I nearly got a heart attack) a lady put my money in the hole, closed it, asked me to put my pin nr. and then I got a ticket. I thanked everybody and returned to my car where I checked immediately on my phone if the money had arrived and it had ! I thought I was a modern woman, but apparently I still have to learn. 

After this adventure I returned home to my cats ! 

There was Assumption day and everything was closed except the churches of course. I was surprised to see (on TV) that a lot of black Marias were carried around in little cities or villages. Belgium is a catholic country there is almost nothing else as religion.

Why the virgin is black I have no idea, but I will consult Wikipedia who knows everything. I went to Nicole who never participates in masses which take place on Fridays. So I always go on Fridays to see her.  We sat outside on the terrace and chatted with the others. Nicole is still amazing with her brain cancer, somebody said that she is a Ferrari in her head and the body is a 2 CV ! It was nice and sometimes sunny and we talked about our travels and that now apparently it's over, at least for her. Since Rick is gone, traveling doesn't inspire me at all. I have nobody who waits for me at home and that makes me uncomfortable. It's strange for years I traveled alone, but  when I came back I could tell him about what happened. I feel more and more like a plant without support. And that's not me, I always have be independent, and now ?

My landlord had sent me a long letter that he understood my situation and sent me all kind of papers as if I would leave tomorrow. This waiting time makes me crazy, besides my cats and other stuff I can sell I am hanging here around and have no energy for nothing. But at least I get dressed.





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well if you know anything about Jewish people (the real Mary was Jewish!) then yes her skin would be darker......as would Jesus' skin.....very olive colored.....I always tell people God is all things to all people. Some people see Him as female, some as male, some as black, white, etc. It's all ok. I'm not Catholic so I don't know what Assumption Day is but I'm glad you had a good day.

    There are plus and minuses of being single. I was single until I was 30. We travel together but I also do several day trips while he is at work, now that im retired from teaching. It's rather nice!

    I hope you have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got the right attitude: if it's problematic uotside, stay inside and protect your health.
    As for Nicole, perhaps she's got the wrong diagnosis , and it's not brain cancer. these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad you finally solved the puzzle of the hole in the wall. Cash is definitely becoming rarer. Even cheques can just be photographed and deposited electronically. Good luck with your selling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wondered if you would need to sell some of your cat collection when you move. I hope you can find good places for them and make some money on them.

    I haven't been to a bank "hole in the wall" for ages (they call them ATMs here--Automatic Teller Machine). The machinery is probably a lot different from the last time I used one. It is getting harder to use cash these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with selling your cats. As for banks - I think your experience is universal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever put cash in an ATM. If I do deposits, I go to a teller. Truthfully, my husband does it all.
    Nicole is doing amazing. I'm glad you are with her to encourage her.
    It will be interesting to hear how much cash you make on your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never put money INTO the ATM but can imagine how frustrating that would be....I do enjoy that you call it the hole in the wall!:)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !