17 Aug 2023

HODGEPODGE AUGUST 17

1. What motivates you to work hard? 

When I am in a hurry or stressed

2. It's been said "Ignorance is bliss"...is it? 

I had never heard this expression and asked my friend Google. What I found out was that it meant the same in German only the sentence is different :  "What I do not know will not hurt me"

3.Would you rather be stuck on a broken elevator or a broken ski lift? Explain. Have you ever actually been stuck on either? Of the common fears listed here what's your #1- heights-enclosed spaces-snakes-public speaking-the dark-flying.

A ski lift doesn't bother me as long as it is a cabin and not a seat where my legs would dangle, anyway I don't like winter sport. The only thing which scares me is when there is no key at my door, not at home of course. but in a hotel for example. I am afraid that somebody steps in my room on purpose or not, so what I do, I put a chair against the door which would wake me up when it falls. And then I probably would scream the whole hotel together !

4. What's something you like about the town or city where you live? 

I like the fact that we have a lot of different nationalities living here. Probably because there are two English speaking schools and also the famous Lion of Waterloo which became even more famous after the ABBA song !

5. Life is too short to_nearly every positive way

As I am still alive I could only give an answer when the end is near !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Now that I know a bit better my room in my retirement home, I am pondering, whenever I have nothing to do which furniture I will take along etc etc. For the moment I am busy to sell my cats and wonder how I will do it,  I can't let in 400  and something people in my apartment. Now I hope for an inspiration.




3 comments:

  1. I thought you had already sold a lot of your cats. Have you been collecting more? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in an elevator that stopped. I was okay, but the woman I was with was claustrophobic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I hope you come up with a solution for your cats.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !