6 May 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As Monday was the 1st of May which is labor day here, Dominique came on Monday and stayed until Tuesday evening. It was really nice, she is such a warm and caring person.We mostly talked about our Danube cruise and what clothes we should take along, as it can be very warm but also cold. I took my luggage list we checked to see if something was missing but all was OK.This is easy because you just have to follow the list and put the things in the suitcase.

I am still not feeling normal and am very distracted. I've been looking for something every day. But the worst thing is, that I think I did something and actually forgot. 

That happened to me with the bill for our cruise. I was firmly convinced that I had paid, but I had not ! Luckily they sent me an email and reminded me. My car paper history is also not settled yet. If I had known that you have to do so much paperwork to inherit your husband's car so that it was on my name, I should have said nothing at all and just keep on driving. 

I had to go to the doctor because I was still not walking normally  and she wanted to do a scan of my spine. The result was that I actually had nothing at all. I'm also beginning to believe that all of this isn't physical, it's psychological, I have a burn out, due to all I had to go through the last years, I have no more reserves. That's what my female doctor said. She prescribed me something which should help me.

Like every week, I visited Nicole again, she is still in the infirmary of the home. Until now she has only had physical ailments, but this time I have noticed that her brain is now on the wane. She told me things that were impossible or have happened for a long time. This lays also hard on my heart. 

Fortunately there are also cheerful things in my life, my son sent me pictures of his new puppy, 

Little Leia is a mixture of a Golden Retriever and another breed. She was really lucky to have found such a good home. The family adopted her from an animal shelter.


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. You're a good friend and neighbor visiting Nicole every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my recent illness, which was set off immediately after the death of my father, and which I'm still dealing with, was similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute puppy! Your son and family are lucky to have her, too.
    I like the idea of your packing list for travel. I need to do that. Although I'm quite good at remembering what needs to go into the suitcase, sometimes I forget something.
    Looking forward to seeing the photos of your Danube trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good visit with Dominique. I have a packing list on the computer, too. I used to either forget something to pack or would stress that I was forgetting something. The list gives me piece of mind to check things off as I pack them.

    It's not unusual for the body to react to all the stress you've had lately. Hopefully things will even out soon.

    I'm sorry to hear about Nicole. It's sad that her decline will continue til she passes. It's good she has a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely little puppy.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Nicole - it can't be very nice for her, but it's kind of you to visit her so often.
    I'm sure your Danube cruise with Dominique will make you feel better, especially if the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grief is such a strange thing in the way it affects all of us in different ways. And it can't be easy visiting Nicole and seeing her decline. Hopefully you'll feel better after your trip and who couldn't not smile at that cute puppy? Hope you've had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute pup! Grief is such an odd thing and affects everyone differently. I'm sorry about your friends decline. I'm glad you are there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet pup shares here too. Life is hard, I don't like hearing about anyone's decline but I admire those, like you, who are there for them. We experienced it with the loss of our first son-in-law in December 2022. Your kindness is a blessing to your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !