18 Sept 2020

FRIDAY's FAV FIVE

The summer weather had come back and the week started with a very hot Monday ! It was even so hot that we couldn't sit outside we had to stay inside the curtains closed. Our Scrabble game was cancelled, as Myriam had called that she had a terrible kidney attack which was very painful and that she couldn't come. One was in France to help her brother to move their mom in a retirement home and  C had troubles with her eldest son who was sick ! So Nicole and talked about what wearing when her head would be bald from the chemio therapy and I had found lots of very nice wiggs on Internet. Finally we had a lot of fun with all the wiggs which were on offer and had a nice afternoon. It was the first time her daughter had left her alone to go with her daughter to the sea. This girl is an angel ! As the doctor had said that Nicole could go home if somebody is there 24 hours, her daughter didn't hesitate a second and took mum home. She doesn't work for the moment so she has time but still it does her good to have a break.  I babysitted Nicole with pleasure.

Meanwhile Myriam's condition had worsened and she had to go to hospital. She called her daughter and asked her to drive her to the emergency, but her daughter had guests and no time for her mother !! Finally it was Nicole's daughter, with all the troubles she had with her own mother drove her to the hospital. In the evening I called the hospital and they told me that she was just taken into the operating room ! 

The next day, she called me at 11 am and asked if I could pick her up, she was already allowed to go home. She had called her daughter, but she didn't answer, then she sent a message that she had no time because she and her husband watched how solar panels were put on their roof ! Imagine ! So I drove to the hospital and found Myriam in a very good shape, she felt a bit tired and said she would go to bed. I wanted to do some shopping for her but she didn't need anything, so I helped her with her bag and she went inside She was very sad and upset about the behaviour of her daughter, who preferred to watch the installation of solar panels instead of taking care of her mother. It was good that I didn't know the street number, I was so furious that I would have driven there to tell her what I think !

It was still very warm in the evening when it was getting dark so that I took my computer outside and did my work there. Rosie sat inside on her cat tower and watched what I was doing.


 

 

 

 

 

.

The next morning at 8 am a moving company arrived and had to go on our terrace to move the furniture of our neighbours who moved out. Of course they had told us before, but we are the only access to the next apartment. Anyway it didn't bother us at all, the people were very nice and everything they had moved to make space they put in place once the work done.


When I looked out of the window I saw my cats in a meeting in a corner, they had put them there because they were afraid to break them. 

As usual we went to the "Dolce Vita" this time we were only three, and they joked that poor girl goes out with two old handicapped ladies ! And as usual the lunch was very good !
 
After lunch I sold my car ! It went very quick. A friend had recommended me a dealer and when I called and told him that I have a Hybrid car for sale, he was so interested that he wanted to come immediately and look at it. Finally we agreed on the price (through the phone) I haggled a bit and got 200 € less and when I arrived in the garage he immediately made an invoice, and immediately transferred the money to our account ! And then he drove me home and we chatted the whole way about Waterloo and how it had changed. He had bought the car for his wife ! 
 
Each year I make a collage of Grandson Toby, and this year it should be the same. I asked my son for 8 or 10 photos, new once, and of course I got at least 25 ! 
 


Above is the old collage still framed and the new one


And here it is : edition Summer 2020 !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. It sounds an eventful week. How sad for your friend that her daughter won't help her. I simply can't imagine how that could be. Thankfully you are all a group of true friends who are there for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Climate Change! Because of Covid-19, we've rather put the Change aside, but it's here, and it's a big threat.
    They say : 'friends in need are friends indeed'. What about daughters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that your friend's daughter won't help her. It is good that she has friends like you and Nicole.
    Your grandson Toby is so handsome! I love the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sold your car! How will you pick up friends who are neglected by their children from hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had quite the week. Such a shame that your friends daughter didn't show any concern about her mother, it saddens my heart. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea making a collage every year. How awful of Miriam's daughter but Nicole's daughter was so good and you too to care so much for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was shocked to read how your friend Myriam's daughter was not willing to help. Glad she has good friends.
    Love the photo of your kitties in the meeting :-)
    Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it the neighbours with the cat who moved out? Can't understand why all the furniture has to go over the balcony and not through the building using the lift. Love the new collage of Toby and feel sad that Myriams daughter won't help her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Toby is growing up into a young man so fast. The picture of the patio cats all huddled together made me laugh. How odd that they have to go through your balcony to get the furniture from another apartment. How very sad that your friend's daughter would not be there for her mom. I'm sure she is very grateful for her good friends being there to help her out. What will you drive now that you've sold your car?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my friend. How will you get around now and collect your friends (with unfeeling kids) from hospital? I imagine you're getting another runabout? I can write a book about having to get to hospital and friends helping me TWICE in the past nine months! It looks like you're settled in well. Be safe. Jo (PS I miss you!)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !