21 Sept 2020

AWWWW SUNDAY -- WEEKEND SEPT. 19

What am I doing here ??

Whisper in my ear

 Love !

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

WEEKEND 

On Saturday I had to pick up some paintings from my ex-neighbor, and a basket. There are still paintings remaining, but I think I will manage to put them somewhere invisible in the apartment and also in our little basement. Then I went across the street to the house where I had lived for 45 years ! Our old fashioned mailbox had disappeared and was replaced by a black modern cube ! The front garden had been cleaned and the old doorbell replaced by a video camera ! The now owner Antonio opened the door, let me in and showed me around. 

If it wouldn't have been so unpolite I would have kept my mouth open the whole visit ! Except the bathroom every room had been redone and looked absolutely beautiful ! Not at all my colors or taste, but I had to admit that the decoration, and furniture of the rooms where very beautiful. I have to take some pictures, I think nobody will recognize our old house ! The new owners are really very nice people and he told me that I can take as much photos as I want ! 

Then I returned home and spent the rest of the aftenoon on our terrace with my computer and wrote my posts and answered emails. In between I saw little squirrels running around chasing each other on the lawn or climbing up the trees ! I really didn't need a TV I had an animal show life !

Sunday we both woke up tired and without any energy. After his breakfast, coffee and 2 wafels Mr. G. returned to bed, he felt dizzy. I didn't know what to do with myself so I did nothing, just surfing the internet a bit for chairs, then we had lunch, I watched a bit TV and Mr. G. returned to his long lasting nap !

Fortunately Nicole and another friend came to see my doll house, and then we sat on the terrace, had ice cream and coffee and chatted together. It was a very nice afternoon !

In Corona times there is really nothing to do then visit each other and try not to stay isolated ! So many people are feeling bad, there is really nothing going on or with so many precautions that everybody prefers to stay home ! Even the Sunday markets are rather empty compared to normal times when we stood almost on each other's feet !

Sometimes I wish they would let us do what we want, or at least each person decide for himself, but then they say we are a danger for the others, and the others do they think that we are a danger ? Is it right to close the borders there are human beings on both sides ! A border is not visible unless you put a fence around the whole country. Now we have a lot of infected people, so what, if we are all infected, but have no other symptoms and feel good then so should  it be. There are less and less people in hospitals, they stay home in quarantaine, less and less in intensive care, and less and less deaths ! I think that is a good sign, even if more people are infected, more tests are done too ! 




Try to take it with humor !

4 comments:

  1. Loved the goat photo whisper in my ear it made me smile. We all need to laugh/smile in these times of doom and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love those images. My weekend was like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the move and covid have done any painting. I knew past you blog about your painting classes or club.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !