22 Sept 2020

MY CORONA ARMCHAIR TRAVELS - PETRA JORDAN

In 2006 while I stayed in Egypt, I took a one day excursion to visit Petra in Jordan. At that time it was not very well known and therefore there were not a lot of tourist accomodations. The locals were still living there and observed the archeologues who digged out all kind of stuff ! And they sold antique bits and pieces they had found themselves  to the tourists. I have no idea how many vases and potery has disappeared this way.

I will always remember the long cobbled way through wild looking rocks and then suddenly standing in front of this miracle !

The long, long way, you had to walk or rent a coach which were more for goods then for humans.






hard to walk on these cobbles !!


and here it started : suddenly the rocks were finished and you could see this amazing building ! Unfortunately you couldn'tgo inside yet, I don't know how it is today This is me with my favorite animal ! You can read the whole story of Petra in my travel blog Countries & Cities
more participants here

10 comments:

  1. Petra looks amazing. I am surprised you found cobbles difficult. Maybe not the sort you are used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great photos. It would be interesting to compare them with photos of today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been there, but I've heard and read about it - a captivating place!
    Your photo with the camel is a very worthy memento!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man etched incredible art into nature here! What a magical place, indeed! How fortunate you were to see this and to pose right next to a very friendly camel that seemingly gave the photographer a nice smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took us on a wonderful tour without me leaving my chair. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see Petra someday.

    The camel looks like quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such amazing place...
    I wish to visit this place one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We live on our travel memories these days. You have the best ones ever. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the few places I'd love to visit! Love you and the camel!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !