more participants here
1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.
Rules never because then I would do exactly the opposite, but I make a plan of what I should do during the day, if I keep the plan or not is another story.
2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person-
I love lighthouses and I have seen many in different countries, but I have been only in one long time ago, the only thing I remember was the narrow staircase ! I don't even remember where it was, could be the Belgian or the French coast.
Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)
Of course I don't know any of the listed lighthouses, the only one which I know is
The Belle Tout lighthouse west from Beachy Head near Eastbourne at the South East coast of England. The headland was a danger to shipping. In 1831, construction began on the Belle Tout lighthouse on the next headland. Because mist and low clouds could hide the light of Belle Tout, Beachy Head Lighthouse was built in the sea below Beachy Head.
When you've been away, what's your 'lighthouse' telling you you're on the right road home?
Usually my GPS but even far I know that I am on the right way because the street which leads to our house is called Chaussee de Waterloo and is very long. Often a white cat sits in front of a house which is my cat and my house !
3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?
Unintentionally stopping something ? I can't remember, if I stop something I do it on purpose like garden work, I let it go because it becomes too difficult to do, therefore it will be permanently.
4. We've had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.
So far the week was boring the only "grand" moment was the arrival of my friend Claudie from the French Riviera who was coming from temperatures of around 40°C (104 F)and was happy to cool down here ! We don't even have half of the temperature here, but when she arrived it was the only warm day and we could eat outside !
5. Tell us one song you love with the word 'baby' in the title.
None comes into my mind ! My favorite singers are Elton John and Freddy Mercury and I couldn't find a title with "Baby" in it. Maybe Elvis has one ? I love his songs too at least some of them but there is no baby either !
6. Insert your own random thought here.
What should we do today Claudie and I ? It rains and it is cold. therefore we can't visit any things outside with an umbrella it's no fun. So I think we will go for Mussels and chips, which is one of the typical Belgian plates and then maybe in a shopping center ?