14 Sept 2020

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND SEPTEMBER 12

 
I have got a feather !
 

 
Isis takes a sunbath


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

******

Ever since the year started I haven't bought any clothes. Then came the 3 month long lockdown where I couldn't buy anything, then came our move and I had no energy to go shopping and buy shoes, but this Saturday I thought, now it's the time you really need a pair of red shoes !! I have to add that before our move I had given away some shoes and I had only 3 pairs left. I am not a shoe fan, but when you wear red it looks a little strange if you wear black shoes in summer.


In the shop I had to wear a mask, on the street not anymore, at least in our town. I found a nice pair of red shoes almost immediately and as they were on sales I added another pair in black. At home I stated that I had bought the same model twice, in red and in black. Mr. G. suggested that I wear one red and one black shoe !O

On Sunday the summer came really back and it was warm ! Poor Myriam didn't feel well and couldn't come with me and visit Nicole. 

As Mr. G. squatted the TV again with his Formular 1, I escaped, the noise of the cars made me crazy. It was a bit early for visiting Nicole, therefore I went to the Lion's mount to watch the tourists which normally on a Sunday when the weather is ice are there. Unfortunately since this historical site had been renovated for the bi-century in 2015 there is not much to see except the Lion and a Panorama and one single restaurant, not like before a lot of charming little restaurants they had "shaved" the whole place. 

I saw a few going to the museum which is underground and very difficult to find, but apparently very nice. I have never been in there I preferred the place like it was before and in some way are still angry of what it had become.


The undeerground museum,  only two Japonese tourists hesitated to go in or not


 and the Panorama which also shows the battle behind you can see the Lion's tail ! 

The tourist brochure announced a reduced battle reconstitution

 
Which had really shrinked to maybe 10 soldiers who chatted and walked around and posed for photos !

and then I saw Napoleon, whom I had never seen so clean ! He was probably disinfected not to get the Coronavirus. They only thing they had forgotten was, that he didn't wear a mask ! But he had always thought that he was a hero ! 

Napoleon as clean as never before and I know him since 60 years ! The statue had always been in an old stone grey ! 

I had intended to have a drink there, but when I saw the amount of tourists to watch, I thought I better go to Nicole and sit on her terrace, which I did and another Sunday was gone !

8 comments:

  1. Mr G's comment about wearing one red and one black shoe amused me. Do point out to Mr G that a young Aussie driver won the Formula 3. I expect he will know already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the special protection an underground museum would have for its precious artifacts and how they keep things going, albeit on a smaller scale. Haha … a friend of mine loved to wear two different colored socks but your husband’s idea about the shoes is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you managed to get your new shoes so quickly. I smiled at wearing one from each pair, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the privilege of living in an interesting, historical, touristic place - Waterloo. Lucky you!
    I've been at the Lion's mount, many years ago. Liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww on the kitties. They bring us such joy.

    I worked with a lady that always wore one red shoe and one black shoe. It looked really good too.

    Sounds like you had a nice weekend and you got away from all those race cars. I would have done the same.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. such adorable kitties! and the feather is such a fun toy! My sweetie is watching the Tour de France everyday....I go into another room and read! Have a lovely day and do wear one red shoe and one black...it will amuse you and all the others!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like to shop, It been while since I got any shoes. The ones I have my feet is pretty worn out. So I just order some. Hope they fit

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !