1 May 2023

AWWWW - WEEKEND APRIL 29

 






This is Lea two month old and just adopted by my whole Amsterdam family ! Now I am also grandma of a little puppy, I forgot the name of the parents breed which is not the same, but I know that she will have the size of a Golden Retriever.

 

Iinking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

********

Dominique should spent the weekend with me, and arrive on Saturday afternoon. Instead I got a phone call, and she told me with a very little voice, that she had to stop her car because suddenly she had a Parkinson attack and trembled over her whole body what she never had. She was waiting for her son to pick her up, as he lived nearer to where she was than me. He drove her to the Hospital and there they stated that this unusual attack was caused by a big truck on the highway who had doubled her so close that she thought he would touch her side. Dominique is a very good driver and not an old grandma who sticks with her nose in the windshield.  Of course that changed all my plans, 

I decided to rest, and as I had recorded the whole story of King Charles childhood and life, then the feud between Harry and William. Three films in one row to introduce the UK to the Belgians and their way of life. It was quite interesting and well done. Several phone calls interrupted my film session, and then the day was over. It was also the 9th month that Rick passed away and instead of getting better I feel worse. Apparently this is normal say all psychologists of the world, but that doesn't help me. 

Sunday we had wonderful weather the sun was shining and it was quite warm 18°. You could sit outside in the sun. I stayed inside with the window open, as since two month I became so fragile like a Chinese porcelain doll. Apparently it is due to the shock I had and all the stress which followed with the papers. Yesterday I got again a document to fill in this time to inherit my own car ! I had only asked to register it on my name, if I would have known what paperwork and time this involved, I would have continued as if nothing had happened. The insurance anyway is on my name.

As Monday is a day off, the 1st of May is labor day, the city is rather empty people went to the sea mostly and there are also school holidays. 

Rosie sits now on her cat tower. It took her two years to discover that it was a thing to climb on observe the life outside and sleep ! 



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous puppy photos - she is so photogenic and looks as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sorry that your friend couldn't come to be with you...I hope she'll soon be OK.

    Car transfers can be a pain here, too...you even have to pay a fee...any excuse to take our money. Phooey!

    I hope you are getting over that cold you had last week...I got a cold too, which decided to affect my eyes, so that even now while they are improving (with prescribed medicine after seeing the eye doctor), its sometimes hard to read and do blogs.

    I hope you'll have a nice week! Wow, Its May already!

    Your 'grandpup' is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppy is so cute and so too is your Amsterdam family. It looks like a labrador. Rosie looks like she has been there for years funny that it took her so long. Sad story about Domonique. I hope she improves and can make it another time. Yes my sister in law found the loss of my brother very hard for years It is now 14 years since he died. She is 89 and has moved to St Lucia in the Caribbean to live with their son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what an adorable pup. I love puppies. Rosie probably not so much though.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week., Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious pup! Leah reminds me of a golden doodle . Very sweet. I am so sorry you have not been feeling 100%. Stress is so awful, I will be praying and thinking of you. I hope you have a wonderful day. I love hearing the different holidays all over the world. Thank you for the photos here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea is a cutie.

    But Rosie is cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Lea is definitely cute as a puppy but yes Rosie will be the long term cutie. Sorry to hear about Dominique. It was a holiday here too today and it felt like a Sunday although of course all our days are non working days now so it shouldn't make any difference to us lol. Hope you're over your cold. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandson is the right age for a puppy - still young enough to match the puppy in energy and old enough to understand the responsibilities that come with’pet ownership’. They’ll have fun together over the next how ever many years.
    Hopefully as the seasons change again your sadness will change a little- it’s such a short time since Rick left you there’s no wonder your grief is still raw. Rosie is a character who’ll bring a smile to anyone’s face, dogs are fine as puppies but cats are the greatest from go to whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The puppy is sure a keeper.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea is a charmer and it is great to see your grandson so happy with this new addition to the family. :))

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !