28 Apr 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday my cold had gotten  worse and I was happy that my son had done the shopping and I didn't need anything. So I spent my day with blogging, TV and taking my pills against the cold. Sometimes I fell asleep and the day went by.  

With a cold I didn't sleep very well, and nothing happened the next day I didn't dare to visit Nicole as she was  in hospital. When she fell out of her bed she had broken 3 rips and had to stay there for a while. Fortunately she came back to her retirement home after 4 days. I called her but it was difficult to talk with her all the medication had knocked her out. 

In the middle of the week I felt a bit better and when I talked to L who is now widow since two weeks, I invited her for lunch.  She came and I stated that each person has another way to grief. She was in the middle of the paper work and went too quick. She wanted to do everything in one day and started with selling her car. What I did at the end she did at the beginning of his passing away. She also talked about her grandfather and people dead since a long time. I listened, I had a few question but I didn't ask she seemed to me like a wheel that turns too quick.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Outside despite the still too cold weather, the trees had started to bloom or were in full bloom ! 

My doctor had sent me to a medical center to do a scanner of the end of my spine, because I sometimes had the impression of walking like a drunk. I had no back pain but occasionally a pain in my knee. It's true that I have trouble breathing, but the fact that my lungs were in my knees made me think I must have been asleep at school when they were explaining the human body. Don't be surprised if your headache comes from your little toe.

The doctor explained me what I had, but I didn't understand a thing. He told me to go back to my doctor who would tell me what I have to do. Ever since I walk like a model and besides the daily feeling of being exhausted I had nothing..

I found the waiting room so cute, I was the only one who had to wait for the results. 
 
After that I bought my frozen food plates for one month (guests included) Dominique comes on Saturday to stay with me over the weekend. 
 
 
At home I found pictures in Whatsapp, my son and family had adopted a puppy a little girl, which will have the size of a Golden Retriever. She looks very cute but I wonder how she will move around the four floor house with a lot of steps ? In Amsterdam as there is not enough space for houses, the rooms are one on the top of the other which makes house narrow and high. 
 
I will see, she will probably be the most spoiled dog in the world even if they have to install an elevator for her. For that I have no worries ! Fortunately the kitchen is on the same level as the street for emergencies, and there is a lot of space to walk around at or near the sea. 
 
Nicole's daughter had told me that she is in the retirement home again after 5 days in hospital. I went to see her, and now that she is not in pain anymore (she gets a lot of pills) she was in a good mood and we could almost chat like in old times. Now she is for a few days in the care section of the home, until she is able to get out of the bed and walk with the help of a rollator. I hope that it will be soon, she wants to go back in her room. 
 
 
 


One who doesn't care about anything is little Rosie as long as she can sleep with her head on her tail.





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I hope with the start of the weekend that you are feeling a lot better from your cold.
    That was nice of you to listen to the grieving widow. Grief is different for everyone that's for sure.
    Pretty trees!
    The puppy is cute....but...AH CHOO....and same with cats.
    I wonder if you have sciatica. Mine is felt in the knees as well......it's basically from a herniated disc in my spine. It's been pretty good this past year....although i've had upper back pain. that went away with low level light laser therapy in 6 sessions.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your cold goes away soon and your doctor can better explain the spine problem. It's so good your son and grandson were able to come and do some shopping and other things for you. I hope they have fun with their puppy! My son and d-i-l hope to get one some day.

    Poor Nicole. I'm glad she's doing better and hope she can get back t her room soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better now and you get your test results explained to you by your doctor soon. That puppy is very cute but he won't stay little for long. Good that you got to visit Nicole. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet photos of your new 'grand-dog'. I think you're right--she will be very spoiled.
    I'm glad Nicole is better and even though she is in the care section, she is out of the hospital.
    Tell Rosie I enjoy her ability to sleep anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in the wars at the moment - I hope things improve soon.
    Good news about Nicole and nice that Dominique is coming for the weekend.
    The puppy is adorable and her new family looks so happy with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cold can make you feel really rough. Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of Scan to did you have? I know of C.T and M.R.I scan, and I never had either.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice of you to reach out to another grieving person. I'm sure she very much appreciated your listening ear. And yes, grieving is so very different for each person. Glad Nicole is out of the hospital and I hope you feel better soon also.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !