16 Dec 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I gathered all my energy and went down to the basement to get the two plastic boxes in which I had packed the Christmas decorations from last year. 

Unfortunately, my son had stored a few things in the basement that he wanted to take with him to Holland, but they were still here. He had put my Christmas decorations on the highest board of the shelf so that I couldn't get to it. As usual, he thinks everyone is a giant like him. At least I managed to get the box down without landing on my head, but in my arms. I was breathless and panting like a steam engine ! I returned to the apartment with the two boxes, fell on the sofa and didn't move anymore, only my fingers on the keyboard of my computer. 

The weather became cooler and then really cold ! The temperature went down to 8 °C and I couldn't go out, for a little walk the air was too cold and my lungs hurt. I had bought all Christmas gifts online and one parcel was missing. It took me a whole morning to find the right service for complaints ! No telephone no email address, and that was Amazon. The delivery service had pretended that it had been delivered, but that wasn't true, I was home all day and my neighbor too. After two days the mistery was solved , the parcel arrived and was in my letter box. The following days I got phone calls and messages from all kind of Amazon's customer service, despite the fact that I had told them that I had got the parcel ! I guess they have a lot to do just before Christmas. 

For the first time since Nicole is in her retirement home, I asked her daughter to bring her over to me to see my Christmas decoration, which I had finally started. 

I was a bit scared that she would fall or something would happen but everything went smooth. Her head works perfect, but she has difficulties to walk without help and also to write. My apartment is ideal for handicapped people. When I drove her "home" she had no steps to do or even go out on the street, she could get in my car in the garage. She was very happy to be with me here,  just as if everything was normal again like in the old days. My neighbor joined us and we had a nice afternoon. 

When I had finally finished the decoration it took me 3 days, because I decorated a little bit and then was fed up and stopped. Now the light garlands are still missing. Maybe today ! 

I finally managed to do my shopping in this cold, but it hasn't been too bad, as my car was in the garage and I found a parking space just at the entrance of the store. 

My three neighbors had asked me to show them the pictures I had taken in Switzerland, so when my living was decorated I asked them to come and we spent a nice afternoon together and emptied a bottle of alcohol free "champagne" ! 

 

Miss Rosie after having meowed a hello, returned into her basket and slept (or listened to the conversation) Ever since she lives in an apartment she loves visitors. 

I also have created my Christmas cards for this year, first I didn't want to send any, but then I thought it keeps me busy and when I have to concentrated on something I don't think.

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Nice decorations!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very festive and welcoming for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment is very festive and bright! Sounds like a full week of many blessings. HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice week and glad you got the parcel problem sorted. Took three attempts for one of my parcels to be delivered due to the snow we had. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you had your neighbors over. I am looking forward to seeing my family this weekend. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pretty much got all my Christmas shopping done.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even dozing, Rosie enjoys the company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad Nicole was able to visit you in your apartment.
    Your neighbors all seem so friendly, and that is good.
    It does take some effort to get the decorations up these days. We finally decorated our tree this week.
    Have a good weekend. Stay warm and cozy like Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad Nichole was able to come and have a bit of a normal visit like old times. Glad the parcel situation got worked out. We had a similar situation with a return--someone was supposed to come pick it up and said they did, but our doorbell camera didn't show anyone coming. Finally they did. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to have Nicole come and visit. I'll bet that did both of you a world of good! And nice to have the neighbors too. One time Amazon delivered a package of ours 2 blocks away. Thank goodness the homeowner was nice enough to bring it over. Does it make you feel warmer to tell you last night it was -38*C with the wind chill here? :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !