15 Dec 2022

HODGEPODGE DECEMBER 15

1. What does Christmas mean to you?

That's rather difficult to say. When I was a child I loved Christmas, because my parents for once tried to play with me and I was allowed to stay up a bit later then 8 pm. Later I always wanted to celebrate Christmas with Rick alone, when we were a young married couple, then the three of us, because we meanwhile had a little boy, but sadly all Christmas were spoiled by the presence of my parents, and there were only fights ! This year I don't know what I will feel or what Christmas will mean to me, because it will be the first one I will be without Rick. I am always happy when Christmas is over !

2. What's your favorite cozy holiday activity?  

 

I don't know, maybe watching a nice movie with my cat Rosie on my lap.

 3. Is all your shopping-wrapping-baking done? Tell us about your holiday plans.  

I am proud that I have found nice Christmas gifts for my little family, son, DIL and grandson. I decorated the living room, but otherwise I don't do anything and I have no plans at all. I just let it go ...

4. If you were Santa what treat would you like to have left for you (it doesn't have to be milk and cookies!) What sweet or savory treat do you most look forward to indulging in around the holidays?  

Nothing, I don't like any sweet things for the moment, and food doesn't mean much to me this year.

5. Next Wednesday is the first official day of winter (in the northern hemisphere). How does that make you feel? Tell us what you love most about winter?  

We have started winter already at least the weather decided so ! It's freezing and unusually cold, this morning - 7°C; but no snow yet. I don't go out it's too cold only for a quick food shopping. I hate winter, even with a blue sky and snow it can be beautiful on postcards but in real it's too cold for me. I am born on the wrong side of the world. 

photo taken out of the window in my warm car !
 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Since I am back from Switzerland I thought that these short travels to see a country is good for me it just revitalize me and I feel like I'm not some old granny who sits behind the TV all day. At least I also have my "window to the world" the computer !



 

 

3 comments:

  1. You were kind of without Rick last Christmas but I understand your sadness at being alone without him. It is very cold for you I think at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Christmas passes enjoyably in your altered circumstances. It's cold here, too . . . -8 this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is a very difficult time of year for me.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !