2 Mar 2021

LA PANNE-BELGIAN SEA RESORT

Where the North Sea, the dunes and the polders meet, lies this green pearl of the Flemish coast. To me one of the most beautiful holiday Resort at the Belgian coast. It is one of the rare town which has still  kept its old charm and has not demolished all the old houses and replaced by high glass boxes what they had done in the other Belgian sea resorts to get the most of tourists.

Immeasurable expanses of the dunes with their surprising scenery, where you can wander undisturbed through one of the unspoilt nature reserves, and take an early beachwalk through the nature reserves, discovering one thing after another. These are all treasures that make De Panne an undeniable succes. On top of this, De Panne has the widest beach on the coast, ideal for a pleasant walk or even a sand-yacht trip beside the sea. De Panne, after all, is the ideal place for sand-yachting, with its wide beach and absence of breakwaters. 

It was also on the beach of De Panne that the first King of Belgium, King Leopold I, on 17th July 1831, set foot on his future kingdom for the first time. A monument reminds us of this event. 

I have spent a few days in La Panne and liked it very much. In the other sea resorts I mostly stayed only one day then I had enough. I took these pictures when I was there.

a fancy restaurant at the beach

The biggest hotel and also Restaurant in La Panne

Along the beach

 
Playground for kids
 

The church (all churches are catholic)

A modern art sculpture

The old houses are still standing there. The first tourists arrived mid 1800


Quite a lot of wealthy people have their second residence in La Panne

where the white car stands was our apartment on the left, and when we went out we had the sea just in front which this day was rather rough !

more participants here

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice place. I love the buildings and the family sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I stayed in Duinbergen once with my au-pair family and it was just high rise tower blocks all the way. Not so nice really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to visit, something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic views you must have had from those windows! It seems similar world over that we gravitate to the sea … and that older architecture so often seems more lovingly and carefully designed than the new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. La Panne looks like a nice place. I love the modern sculpture. It looks l ike the stick figures I used to draw when I was a child. Well, to be honest, my 'art' hasn't improved much,

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks the perfect sea resort having an attractive town to wander around as well as a lovely beach.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !