5 Mar 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday  my family helper came for the first time to take care of Mr. G. She is a very nice young woman very friendly and kind. What she told him he accepted while I only hear no's ! Therefore I disappeared in the living room and prepared my post, while she was helping him shower and dress and tidy up his room. 

She will come twice a week on Mondays and Fridays. The other days he does it alone, except the shower, but as he sits the whole day he is not dirty and handwashing is enough. Then I drove him to his Whist and was free all day, it was warm and sunny and I relaxed with a wide open window !

The next day we had our Corona babble meeting at Nicole's and she was very happy to have company, it is really amazing how healthy and nice she looks despite her chimeo treatment. Her hairs had grown again thick and black like before ! But it is far from being finished she has another 5 chimeos to do.

 Nicole (81) above right

Cat Isis was also happy to have a lot of visitors and tried to climb into the plants but apparently it was not very interesting

And then came the day I hated I had to go to the technical control for the first time with this car. Usually it's Mr. G who does it, but for the moment he doesn't want to drive because sometimes he gets dizzy and that would be too dangerous. Thanks to my GPS I found the place immediately and didn't have to wait either because in Corona times you can only go there with an appointment (and mask of course) 

The men were very friendly and we chatted a bit, and while my car was checked from top to bottom and I got a paper that everything was OK, had to pay 50 € and returned home. Now I am in peace for two years. 

After the sunny week it ended today during the night with a lot of rain ! Even the little bowl of my cat Rosie standing on the balcony was full of water. She likes to drink rainwater.

To close the week I drove Mr. G. to the physio where he was tortured for half  an hour, he has to walk and do other exercises for the muscles. I call him "Speedy Gonzales" which was a song, because he walks like a snail. 

Then I did my shopping and bought all ready made plates which are delivered to the Supermarket by restaurants which are still closed, but that helps them to earn a bit of money and we are delighted !  



 
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. Isis is always a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your friend is doing so well. Nice that Mr G is getting some help, long may that continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everything went smoothly with the car. I do not like to run car ' errands' but sometimes I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to cope really well with the decline of Mr G. Our lives are all so different now with time on our hands and nowhere to go. My granddaughter returns to school on Mon so my duties of homeschooling finished today. Trying to get school shoes for her has been a nightmare as the shops are all closed except for food and pharmacy shops. We have ordered 6 different pairs from the internet. None of the first four fitted do we are hoping one pair of the remaining two which are due to arrive this weekend will fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We send purrayers to your friend who is going through chemo...and to you and Mr G also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea to have the restaurants provide meals that the supermarkets sell. Everyone is happy.
    When it rains, I try to remember that we need rain to water the earth. I just prefer sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so good that you have a helper for Mr. G., and it's someone he gets along with well. I'm glad Nicole is doing so well and the car situation went so smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so glad” Mr G” is still able to go to his Whist ...that and now that you have the helper , both really good because you need and deserve that time to yourself. ... That is such a great idea to pick up ready to eat restaurant meals at the grocery stores! I almost can’t remember what it is like to eat out!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !