12 Jan 2021

PEOPLE AND ARTWORK IN MOROCCO

I have been in Morocco four times, on a round trip. The first one was just a little one and then we spent our holidays in this country. This is long time ago and Mr. G. still travelled. But then I did three big once. The South, the North and then all Imperial cities. All three were very interesting. 

Here are some pictures which I took but have never published, it shows the Moroccan people on the streets and also how they work to make beautiful plates, vases and mosaic and work in a factory

As the main streets were really pretty in the evenings with all these lights I don't remember the city where I took this picture !

Women sitting on the benches along the street and chat and laugh.They were very friendly. As you see only the elderly woman wore a scarf.

a young mother with her little girl

 entrance into a house

a wall in the factory


Mosaic is made here

A lot of smoke came out of the factory

This man makes vases, bowls and plates

and this girl paints them

He paints the huge vases


Mosaic


It's quite a puzzle creating these mosaics




And the finished artwork

It seemed to me that the working conditions would never be acceptable in our Western countries, but these men seemed to be very happy and proud of their work ! 

And they can be, because what I saw was really very beautiful !




more participants here

9 comments:

  1. I love artwork like this. Morocco has always been in my bucket. Soon when this viral madness is over.... but until then, thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the beauty of the ceramic pots and plates and the mosaics. That is truly hand crafted, rare nowadays. I lived in Istanbul for a year and visited the old part of the bazaar often, they had piles of rugs, people who sold only copper pots, beautiful stuff. I would like to visit Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really interesting to see different working environments. They are all skilful craftsmen and women who seem happy with their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to see people at work, creating beautiful items with their hands. Thanks for sharing.
    Morocco seems to have become a popular touristic destination during the last decade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely virtual cultural tour of Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took us on a wonderful tour, so nice to reflect on holidays/trips we have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fabulous handwork. The wall in the factory looks like my son's kiln.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morocco looks like an interesting country that I hope to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !