15 Jan 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

When the week's end comes near, it becomes more and more difficult to remember what I have done during the week, I think I should write it down. It is as if I should describe a basket full of white eggs which of course look all white.

As usual the Monday now is declared "MY" day, dedicated to my "beauty" ! Mr. G. is away the whole day, I mean until 4pm which makes me think of school times, when at 4pm the peace was finished and the house invaded by one intruder. So besides phone calls, TV and movie watching, I relaxed. I have to say that this long lockdown doesn't suit him at all and makes him feel unwell. Besides the household scores which we share he spends his days behind the computer and TV. 

Then his mobile gave up it's soul and as it was the very old model he wanted the same but it's not sold anymore everybody has a smartphone now. Or at least one which looks like. I thought there must be smartphones for seniors easy to handle and understand ! And I found one ! Mr. G. very reluctant to everything new and only used to computers as it was his job, finally agreed he had no choice either he absolutely needs a mobile, he is nearly 80. 

I went to the shop and had to order it because it was not in stock. Now he has it ! and it has everything he would need even Internet and Whatsapp, emails, camera, video, calendar etc the basic things of a smartphone. The keys are big and easy to read. And you push the buttons and don't have to slide !


Now, the problem is it's so easy to use that he is looking for complications !  He will get used to it. Over the weekend his friend will come and intall everything. For the moment he can call, receive calls and see his emails. That's the most important. 

We had our lockdown meeting twice this week which is really a good therapy. Many people suffer depression everybody is tired and has a lack of energy ! We were informed that the lockdown will last until beginning March !!

The vaccinations continue now it's the turn of the medical staff and then it's the turn of the over 65 and then the others. It's not an obligation, it's more subtile ! Because those who refuse to be vaccinated can't travel into another country ! And Belgium is so small that if you drive 200 km in all directions you arrive in France, Germany, Holland, and Luxemburg !

A new tourist attraction has been discovered a little Flemish town 30 km from Antwerp, where the COVID vaccine is produced !  

And if after walking around and taking photos, there is also the Brewery of a very famous Belgian beer in the same city !

Where in normal times you certainly can have a few beers ! For the moment all restaurants and cafes are still closed. Duvel means Devil and you can try if the name is right !

Besides that to close the week it's snowing !!

view from our Balcony




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. The phone is very interesting. While I know you could help Mr G to set up his phone, better that someone else does and you don't get the blame. I've always envied people in Europe can so easily visit so many historic and beautiful areas without flying for 24 hours. At the moment, I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. G’s new phone looks very simple and easy to use!
    The little town will be a big tourist attraction for sure with vaccine production. The brewery looks nice and would be a great spot for a drink when things get better.
    The snowy scenery is beautiful! Happy Friday xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Mr G gets on OK with his new phone. The over 80s are getting the vaccine here at the moment NHS workers and care staff have already had it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow! Definitely a time to stay in. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new phones that are easy to use!

    Yay for some pretty snow blanketing your yard.....winter does have a beauty all its own, doesn't it?

    so sorry to hear your restaurants, etc are still closed. That's the one thing keeping me going...being able to get my fave restaurant food! I would love to have a $ for every time I've washed my hands since last March 2020. I would be a very wealthy woman!!

    Enjoy the weekend and focus on the blessings in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Notes section on ym phone, and I have a page where I jot down ideas for the FFF through the week. Otherwise I get to Monday and can't remember what happened. :-)

    I'm glad you got Mr. G a phone he can work with. I have a smart phone, but I always dislike the learning curve of a new one. Once I am used to it, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow is just right. Enough to enjoy the beauty, but not too much to make life difficult for driving and walking (and shoveling).
    I'm glad you were able to find a good phone fit for Mr. G. He'll figure it out and wonder why he waited so long to get a new one.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you could find a phone for Mr. G. I'm sure he'll love it once he gets used to it. They finally opened our salons and personal services tomorrow but our restaurants are still closed. I'm getting so unmotivated too, but I'm thankful we are all healthy in my house and that I am still working.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !