23 Oct 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Since the beginning of the week the European countries are getting more and more red, nearly all of them are at least orange, but not for long, usually they turn into red too ! People are tired and lots of them panic  and remain at home imagining the worst ! 

I try to lead a normal life except the mask on my nose when I go out. But Monday we didn't even scrabble, because they all were tired or not feeling well or suddenly afraid to catch the virus. I think we should get together as we did in March, always the three of us and even if we can't sit outside we all have spacious living rooms where we can keep distance.  So I made myself a cosy afternoon, Mr. G. was with his Whist group, now they play once a week in private and only four. The Tennis Club is closed and since March no Whist was allowed. The same with me and my painting class !

Nicole and I were invited by my former neighbor for 15 years, until she was the victim of a maniaco depressive manipulator whom she married despite all warnings from family and friends, and who had .sequestrated her. After 3 years she finally managed to escape ! Terrible story. But now she has moved into a little University town called Louvain la Neuve. 

Louvain-la-Neuve was artificially created,  following the linguistic crisis between French and Flemish speaking students,  that rocked the University of Louvain between November 1967 and March 1968. Finally the Walloons were thrown out and the new Louvain was inaugurated on October 20, 1972.

That's why all buildings are not older then about 40 years. I really liked this little town, I had been there long time ago when they just started to build the new University.

We spent a nice afternoon with her in her new apartment, she has left the past behind her and everything in her home is new, besides her paintings.


This is the building were she lives on the first floor. I like the architecture.

The  next day it was really warm 20°C ! I  could have sat in the sunshine, but the wind was so strong I was nearly blown away !


I tried to take a picture of the trees in the strong wind, but of course each time they bent I was too late !

The plastic with which I had covered the garden furniture for the winter nearly blew away and I had to fix it with a cord and put the heaviest cats  on the plastic, now it seems to stay !


And while I worked at my computer and did some laundry, looking out of the window,  I admired the red bush, which had been green and each day became more red.

I didn't go out at all this day, because when I see the empty streets and shops and everybody with a masked face it really doesn't lift my mood !
 

 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

6 comments:

  1. Nice building, and it looks like a new, good beginning for your former neighbour.
    The view out of your window, with the red bush, is cheering one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deep red is a cheerful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad your friend escaped and looks like she has a lovely new home. Yes these are difficult times again and sometimes we just have to use our common sense. That red bush looks lovely. A nice view to have. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bright red bush. Our Jacaranda trees are flowering now and there are splashes of bright purple everywhere.
    Your neighbour was lucky to escape and find such a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our area is red and I try to keep my self busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your friend escaped her situation and is starting anew. I hope she has a restraining order on her ex-husband so he can't bother her again.

    That red bush is so pretty and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !