19 Oct 2020

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND OCTOBER 17



Tiny cat figurines out of my cat collection
 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

WEEKEND

What a boring weekend and everybody is in a bad mood ! On Friday our prime minister talked to the population as if we were 3 year old children. It's a new one because Mrs Willmes was only there for the first lockdown because we had no government. Now this one was chosen to avoid elections and I don't like the guy ! What a difference with the female Prime Minister who could speak in both languages without any accent (Dutch and French) and this one who in both languages talks in a boring way, which makes me sleepy ! Anyway I can't change the world and now since he has announced that restaurants, cafes and bars and snackbars will be closed for a months, people are all very angry. Nobody understands this strange logic : You can travel in full buses, trains and trams where people are squeezed together but not sit in a restaurant or bar where the distance is respected and lots of restaurants have made transformations so that people are safe. 

Therefore even on Saturday when the shops were open, the streets were empty I think nobody wanted to go out and was angry (like me) or completely hysterical of fear to get the virus. I have to say that it was his intention to scare people and there are always once who only listen and don't think.

I worked on my computer and watched a bit TV and then went to my friend who had the kidney surgery. She was angry too, because only one kidney was done, for the other it has to be done later, beds should be kept free for eventual Corona cases ! If I understand well all surgeries are postponed and you can die in peace while they have to keep the place for eventual Corona infected people. But in the News it sounded as if the hospitals would explode ! 

To comfort us, it was shown on television how the Funeral homes are already preparing for a coffin rush and also showed how the coffin was pushed into the blazing furnace. I call that manipulation ! Why do they want to scare people so much ?

Sunday it rained and I thought I make some photos again of our window view now that the leaves are changing colors, but sloly  mostly the trees are still green. 

My neighbor has brought me my paintings I had stocked in her garage and I managed to put them nearly all in the big box I had bought to put the garden furniture inside. There are a few paintings remaining which I will hang on the walls.



I discovered a play house for kids in a neighbor garden ! Had never noticed it.

For mid October it still looks quite green !


 And cat Rosie who sleeps her 23 h per day and has no Coronavirus problems !

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I listen and yes, I think. If the rules they are proposing keeps my family safe, then I will continue with them, regardless of whether they sound stupid or not. And I can tell you from experience: the buses here aren't as full as they were two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same here - restrictions being tightened all the time but in a regional way so it gets very confusing. So many of our rules have been led by economics rather than health too so it's a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header is one of my favorites with the umbrellas. You have such an amazing wide view from your new home. I look forward to seeing your paintings on the wall someday. Seeing inconsistency is frustrating. This virus requires patience and consistency that is for sure as well as caring for others and ourselves. I hope more people take it seriously because it IS serious whether we want to believe it or not, whether we are tired of it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same black kitty as you have in the third picture. Though, the design is a little different. Mine is “nesting dolls” and there are smaller kitties inside bigger kitties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat sculptures! Rosie has the right idea.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !