6 May 2019

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MAY 4










Where is Isis ?


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS


******

On Saturday I went to to the clinic to bring some wafles and clean laundry to Mr. G. I was happy that he wanted to have something to eat, which so far he has refused. Everything which visitors have left I had either to throw away or give it away.

He is still very weak but can walk on crutches now.  We started to have a conversation about our house which becomes too big for the two of us and I am so fed up of the garden. It costs a lot when you have to pay somebody for everything because we can't do it anymore. Of course he was not very enthusiastic although he never goes in the garden or terrace, but he agreed that it becomes too much. There are reparations to be done and when we were young we all did this ourselves but now that we are belonging to the antiques it's not possible anymore. There are still our 3 cats, so it won't be before next year. They are very old anyway, 20 and 18. Rosie is only 12 years old. We discussed the whole afternoon and then he was terribly tired and I left.

It was really a lousy weekend. All my 4 scrabble friends were on holidays, Nicole with her children in Normandy for her birthday, Myriam visited her sister in the South of France and Mireille somewhere in the North of France. Ilona had another occupation, so I decided to go to the market, just to go out a bit. When I arrived it started to rain mixed with hail and everybody on the market ran to bring his things in the cars. As I was already out I thought I will do some tourist watching at the Waterloo Lion as I have often done years before.





First I comforted me with an Australian ice cream (in this cold) and watched little bikers learning traffic rules.



The Lion area was empty like my wallet, since the renovation there is only one new built restaurant  under the Lion and not the old romantic restaurants and cafés as before the bi-centenary ! At that time even with rain, snow or hail there were always lots of visitors.



The Lion was bored and looked over the green fields.



Suddenly a queue of old 2CV came from the parking to join an "Old Timer" gathering in Waterloo. Meanwhile I had enough of this cold weather although I didn't leave the car, but it was not very pleasant to drive when it hailed.

The "excursion" took me maybe one and a half hour and I was back home. I had some lunch and gave cat Arthur a slice of ham otherwise he didn't leave me in peace and I was exhausted. I watched a movie on TV and suddenly the phone rang and I realized that I had fallen asleep. It was my son to ask how I am, what should I say, besides the fact that I am still alive. I am worn out.  I think women can understand better then man. Or he doesn't realize that his mother is not 30 anymore. It's note the physical tiredness but the psychological. Things which didn't bother me in the past become mountains now !




8 comments:

  1. It must feel quite strange to be in the house on your own. I understand what you mean about children not understanding the ageing process. They still think you have endless energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should have moved into easier accommodation a little earlier. It is not too late. Nice consistent warmth without cold places and let someone else worry about maintenance. While I am not sure what you have in mind, some places here allow a pet, but not allow residents to get a new pet. Three cats? I don't know.

    I hear my mother complaining about her health and frailness, but I don't take much notice. My sister interrupts her when she talks about her health, so my sister is bad. It seems I am sympathetic because I listen, well I don't interrupt her.

    A question if I may. Do you and Mr G communicate in French?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s such a hard time. I hated when Bill was in hospital various times ....it is hard and tiring to be the well one . (We were younger and he probably recovered faster those times because of that, but who knows what will happen next at our stage.). As they say, getting old “ain’t for sissies.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. At a certain age moving to another place is quite a project, but sometimes a neccessity.
    I always remember The Lion fondly. I visited there many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound right to start downsizing.

    The cat looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We change as we grow older. It's hard for us to admit our parents are not like they used to be. I notice my mum sometimes making a fuss over little things. Getting older is not easy on anyone. Hope Mr G continues to get better and that he will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Mr G is on the mend. I understand about the downsizing bit. My parents live in my old family home and it is slowly becoming too much for them. Soon they too will have to find another place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat and teddy bear are sure lovely photo shots.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !