7 May 2019

MY WAY HOME

My world doesn't look like May at all, neither the weather nor personal. It's cold even frost in some areas and during the day not more than 8°. And of course it rains sometimes mixed with snow. This and the personal situation let me see the world in dark clouds as on the photos.



That's the rehabilitation center where Mr.G. stays, on a sunny day, after he fell out of his bed and broke his hip.

I visited him today to bring him fresh laundry and entertain him a bit, but his mood was like the weather outside nothing was good. So finally I returned.



The clinic is about 20 km far and the whole area was the Waterloo battle field where Napoleon fought against Wellington.



Some blooming bushes along the road



flat fields for miles



Finally I saw the Lion's mount from far, in memory of the battle



all along the road where old houses or farms which stood already there when the bloody battle took place.



Arrived in the city I noticed this Chinese massage salon, probably not there yet when Napoleon's soldiers crossed the city.



Somebody from the council had named the "Nouvelle Galerie" "WHAT" I wonder why what ?? He or she probably don't even know what "what"  means, anyway to me it doesn't sound like a name for a Gallery with boutiques, jewelries etc.



approaching home I saw the Tourist office which is beautiful building and fortunately not (yet) demolished !



Finally I arrived home and felt worn out. This photo too was taken on a sunny day !



more participants here

4 comments:

  1. Every morning I think the weather looks nice and then I go outside: freezing! Brrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you sometime please give us post about "What" sound interesting.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our battle-weary world, I’m guessing someone coming by with fresh laundry and a cheerful attitude is better than sunny weather to those who are bedridden or ill. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !