10 May 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

.Due to awful "spring" weather, I stayed home because it hailed, rained, stormed, everything to make you feeling spring ! Fortunately there is the Television and the computer, because everything was done in the house. My friends were still on holidays so it was a lazy day !

I had to go to the pharmacy because I ran out of medication for my pulmonary problems It turned out that with all the troubles with Mr G's accident, I had forgotten that I had absolutely to go to the lung doctor because I also needed a test and an authorisation to be reimbursed for the medication which would cost over 100 € without the health insurance !



My cat Arthur had watering eyes and looked not good, so I went to the vet ! What an adventure ! The so brave, cute and social cat suddenly was transformed in a furious mini tiger, we couldn't even take him out of the carrier, he growled and hissed had all crocks out and the claws too.



Finally with a stick through the hole of the carrier, the vet pushed Arthur in a corner to give him an antibiotic shot ! She couldn't do anything else without an anaesthesia and he is already 18 years old ! We hope that the antibiotic helps for his eyes. On the way home he sat behind in the car, looked out of the window and nearly waved at the children, who watched him, the white cat from other cars. At home he was again the sweet cat ! I never thought I would be afraid of Arthur !



After a one month break from aqua gym I was surprised that I could still do all exercises without any problems. We were almost all there and had also a lot of fun

We also had our painting class again and after that, Nicole, Myriam and I went to the Asian restaurant. The two others who usually come with us couldn't they had the runs, apparently a virus runs through the population because I heard of several cases



We had a very nice meal and it was so much that all three asked for a doggy bag ! So for tomorrow we have already our supper ! A thunderstorm came and we quickly returned home.

I am still very tired and without any energy, I have to force myself to do at least the most important things, like paying invoices. Mr. G. calls me every day 3 times and wants to come home. It's useless to tell him that it is not my decision but the one of the doctors and his doctor told me that he is far from being ready to go home ! So he complains and complains and will not understand that it would be irresponsible and dangerous to let him go. He can't stay up for long and if he falls I am unable to pick him up and no insurance would pay eventual damages.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.




8 comments:

  1. Sorry things are tough with Mr. G. Most people do not mind being taken care of for a while, but then they realize they have lost their independence and it bothers them and is the only thing they can think of. I hope he gets stronger and comes home soon.
    Now please, do not forget to take care of yourself! Glad you are back to the Aqua Class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Mr G seems to taking more notice but yes he needs to wait until they say he is ready to come home. As you said, if he were to fall you would be back to square one, probably worse. I'm glad you're managing to get out and about despite not feeling 100% yet. Try not to over do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope antibiotic will work for Arthur's eyes! And glad he is back to his sweet self after the vet visit :-)
    I hope Mr. G can come home soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't overextend yourself.

    Cats will never like vets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the antibiotic does the trick for Arthur, and I hope Mr. G. heals well enough to come home soon. Hospitals are no fun, but coming home too soon can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To behave like that poor Arthur must have terrified. Mr G must be a bit better as he wants to return home and resume his normal life. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Mr. G, I hope he can come home soon. I bet that would make Arthur feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be difficult for Mr. G to be cooped up in that hospital. You make sure you get your rest too. Poor Arthur must have been very scared at the vet. Hopefully that antibiotic will help out his eyes. Your lunch out sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !